Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I play on a second server with the same account I play on my main server ?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Question How can I play on a second server with the same account I play on my main server ?

Hi,

I started out on Newfoundland when the game was in beta stage and then stopped playing after a while and after getting to 20 something level.

My mother started playing a while back and is on sandycove. She didn't realise I had an account and I didn't realise she was thinking of playing the online version of the game as well as the regular PC versions.

Now, I don't want to lose my Newfoundland gameplay, but seeing as multiple game accounts is against the Terms of Service is there a way to play on the other server that my mother is playing on without going against Terms of Service as the terms doesn't say anything about having access to multiple servers and you cannot select a server to play on unless you create a second account which is against the terms.

Yet I have read several times by non official posters that it is okay to play on multiple servers by setting up a different email address, but surely this goes against the terms ?

Seeing as it isn't an unfair advantage apart from being able to play on 2 servers. I can't see why the ability to play on all 3 servers with the same log in isn't easily available.

I have tried searching for a solution but none seem to have an official response and seeing as it could result in a banned account if I did something wrong I would rather an official response be forthcoming or pointed to.

Also, on a similar note, is a steam account classed as a multiple account, if you already have a ubisoft account ?

Thanks for reading ...
    Last edited by Xrystal; 18.02.17 at 00:44. Reason: Added query about steam account

World
    Newfoundland
    Having one acc per server is not a breach of the T&C since there is no interaction between servers, and you can't play on more than one server with the same login, you have to create a new acc per server. The Steam things I don't know much about so can't help ya there.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    A Steam acocunt is completely separate from any Uplay thing.

Fact is I can't even get the two talking after considerable effort. So if you don't need the "mobility" aspect of playing by a browser Steam is an easy way to go not requiring any extra effort. Download, pick (right) server, play.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Make a new email a/c for the new game account, choose create account at login and choose which world you are after using the new email, can use same password if you want, just needs separate email, job done.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBosse View Post
    Having one acc per server is not a breach of the T&C since there is no interaction between servers, and you can't play on more than one server with the same login, you have to create a new acc per server. The Steam things I don't know much about so can't help ya there.
    Well, thats the problem. The Terms clearly say multiple accounts. Not multiple accounts per server. In fact servers are never mentioned at all. And considering there have been 3 servers before the last update to the terms last year it stands to reason that multiple means multiple full stop.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Make a new email a/c for the new game account, choose create account at login and choose which world you are after using the new email, can use same password if you want, just needs separate email, job done.
    I was hoping for using the same email as I have a set identity for gaming purposes ... I may be able to use the google based email for that identity so will consider it, but again I am worried that this would be classed as a multiple account which is clearly mentioned in the terms as not allowed. Hence why I was requesting a link to an official saying it was okay or an official saying it was okay.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    A Steam acocunt is completely separate from any Uplay thing.

Fact is I can't even get the two talking after considerable effort. So if you don't need the "mobility" aspect of playing by a browser Steam is an easy way to go not requiring any extra effort. Download, pick (right) server, play.
    This was why I added it as an edit as I could imagine it being classed as a separate game as if I had purchased 2 versions and thus have 2 different connections to the game.

I have a similar situation in World of Warcraft - 3 accounts - however, in that situation you are allowed to have multiple accounts on the same server and inter trade with them and is all above board by the developers.

Which then brings me back to needing an official confirming that it is okay.

And of course, I do prefer the browser way of playing rather than the steam way of playing it.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for all the responses, but I guess I will have to sit in the safe spot of playing on the initial server for this current account until a blue byte or ubisoft representative can confirm either by updating the terms or in a post what exactly is allowed and what isn't.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    You are 100% allowed an account on each server, I play on all 3, as do many others. Some play on Northisle and the US etc servers. What you are not allowed is 2 accounts on the same server. Cannot confirm position re Steam plus a browser account but would be sure that is not permitted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The problem is the game uses the email address to select which server your playing on once your have started an account on that server. You therefore have to have a different email address for each sever.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread