Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List Skill Tree Generals at the test server

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

List Skill Tree Generals at the test server

I haven't seen the list yet. If it is, remove/place it elsewhere.

Manuscript: 5x to proceed

Rapid Fire: Increase maximum attack damage of your bowmen by 5 / 10 / 15

Home Field Advantage: Increase attack damage of this army by 6% while on your home island. Bonus is halved for elite units. 6% / 13% / 20%

Juggernaut: Increase the general’s attack damage by 10 / 20 / 30, and gives his/her attacks a 33% / 66% / 100% chance of dealing splash damage

Overrun: Decreases HP of enemy bosses by 10% / 20% / 30%

Tomes: 10x to proceed

1st line:

Sniper Training: Increases your longbowmen’s minimum attack damage by 13 / 26 / 39 and the maximum by 3 / 6 / 9.

Confident Leader: Reduces the length of combat rounds by 10% / 20% / 30%

Navigation Crash Course: Reduces the general’s travel time by 15% / 30% / 45%

Just a flesh wound: Reduces the general’s recovery time by 10% / 20% / 30%

2nd line:

Battle Frenzy: Increases attack damage of this army by 10% / 20% / 30% after every combat round.

Unstoppable Charge: Increases maximum attack damage of your swift units by 1, and gives their attacks a 33% / 66% / 100% chance of dealing splash damage.

Hostile Takeover: When this army wins a battle, gain 1 Recruit Mercenary for every 600 XP / 300 XP / 200 XP worth of enemies defeated.

Jog: Adds 6% / 13% / 20% to the general’s movement speed.

Codex: 5 + 1 final Codex

Garrison Annex: Increase unit capacity by 5 / 10 / 15

Weekly Maintenance: Increase attack damage of your heavy units by 10 / 20 / 30

First Aid: Recovers 2% / 4% / 6% of lost units after every battle.

Cleave: Increases the attack damage of your elite soldiers by 4 / 8 / 12, and gives their attacks a 33% / 66% / 100% chance of dealing splash damage.

Final Codex (1 option)

1-Up: The generals has a 30% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat.

Bounty Hunter: After an adventure, gain 1 star coin for every 5000 XP worth of enemies defeated by this army.

Lightning Slash: The general attacks twice per round. The second attack’s initiative is “Last Strike”. (example: MMA attacks first strike as well as last strike)

Master Planner: Adds 10% to this army’s accuracy.

World
    Sandycove
    *drooling*
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The transporter generals have different (their own) skills.
    Fairly simple 2 columns to choose from, choose between (travel) speed or up to +250 extra units.
    On the test server I skilled the Quartermaster with travel speed (now 5 minutes and 36 seconds) and the Santa Clause with extra units (1250 total)

7 books total

3x manuscript:
    Logistic Apprentice: Increase unit capacity by 20 / 40/ 60
    Navigation Apprentice: Reduces the general's travel time by 6% / 12% / 18%

3x tomes:
    Logistics Journeyman: Increase unit capacity by 30 / 60 / 90
    Navigation Journeyman: Reduces the general's travel time by 10% / 20% / 30%

1 codex:
    Logistics Master: Increase unit capacity by 100
    Navigation Master: Reduces the general's travel time by 35%

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hollanderdanny View Post
    Fairly simple 2 columns to choose from, choose between (travel) speed or up to +250 extra units.
    On the test server I skilled the Quartermaster with travel speed (now 5 minutes and 36 seconds) and the Santa Clause with extra units (1250 total)

7 books total

3x manuscript:

3x tomes:

1 codex:
    Really totally forgot to check that general, thank you
    Hello People

World
    Sandycove
    ok so whats the general conseus of the best ones to use ?

will put what i think so far at 1st glance in purple in quote below

I haven't seen the list yet. If it is, remove/place it elsewhere.

Manuscript: 5x to proceed

Rapid Fire: Increase maximum attack damage of your bowmen by 5 / 10 / 15 Im thinking with Nusala skills with bowmen etc this could be good on her maybe

Home Field Advantage: Increase attack damage of this army by 6% while on your home island. Bonus is halved for elite units. 6% / 13% / 20% im unsure about this one

Juggernaut: Increase the general’s attack damage by 10 / 20 / 30, and gives his/her attacks a 33% / 66% / 100% chance of dealing splash damage could be good to use

Overrun: Decreases HP of enemy bosses by 10% / 20% / 30% again could be ok

Tomes: 10x to proceed

1st line:

Sniper Training: Increases your longbowmen’s minimum attack damage by 13 / 26 / 39 and the maximum by 3 / 6 / 9. again nusala skills with bowmen troops maybe this be good for her to

Confident Leader: Reduces the length of combat rounds by 10% / 20% / 30% i think this would be ok to use if doing blocks where the block is close on the killing general if lasts a while to kill the camps or for camps that take ages to kill as loads rounds lol

Navigation Crash Course: Reduces the general’s travel time by 15% / 30% / 45% i will be putting this on my tavern generals so they arrive faster so dont have to wait 30 mins for block gens to turn up

Just a flesh wound: Reduces the general’s recovery time by 10% / 20% / 30% im unsure on this but probably best for to speed up tav gens heal time maybe

2nd line:

Battle Frenzy: Increases attack damage of this army by 10% / 20% / 30% after every combat round. this sounds interesting

Unstoppable Charge: Increases maximum attack damage of your swift units by 1, and gives their attacks a 33% / 66% / 100% chance of dealing splash damage. im unsure if i would use this one tbh

Hostile Takeover: When this army wins a battle, gain 1 Recruit Mercenary for every 600 XP / 300 XP / 200 XP worth of enemies defeated. supose this saves having to make as many troops but realistically how many would you get back from a adventure to make this worth while?

Jog: Adds 6% / 13% / 20% to the general’s movement speed. personally i dont think i would use this one

Codex: 5 + 1 final Codex

Garrison Annex: Increase unit capacity by 5 / 10 / 15 love that we can make generals carry more troops

Weekly Maintenance: Increase attack damage of your heavy units by 10 / 20 / 30 again interesting one

First Aid: Recovers 2% / 4% / 6% of lost units after every battle. i like the idea of this but unsure if i would use it maybe for gens i use as suicide gens a lot maybe

Cleave: Increases the attack damage of your elite soldiers by 4 / 8 / 12, and gives their attacks a 33% / 66% / 100% chance of dealing splash damage. seems ok but again dunno if i would use this one

Final Codex (1 option)

1-Up: The generals has a 30% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat. lol a chance of instant heal be good

Bounty Hunter: After an adventure, gain 1 star coin for every 5000 XP worth of enemies defeated by this army. i dont see the point in this one tbh

Lightning Slash: The general attacks twice per round. The second attack’s initiative is “Last Strike”. (example: MMA attacks first strike as well as last strike) i love the idea of this one though

Master Planner: Adds 10% to this army’s accuracy. seem ok i suppose

7 books total

3x manuscript:

3x tomes:

1 codex:

all them ones i would just do carry more men on all them no worries about the times to get there faster tbh that one would only be good i think on santa QM to speed up his returning home time
    Last edited by lulu10093; 20.02.17 at 12:05.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    About the transporter generals:
    The whole point from the Santa general is to use it as a quick island-to-adventure transport. Not quick adventure-to-island.
    Upgrading the Quartermaster down to 5 minutes and 36 seconds (both ways) is faster than the Santa, even after upgrading Santa's travel time.
    In the 1 hour and 30 minutes it takes the Santa from adventure-to-island the Quartermaster has send 1000 units every 11 minutes and 12 seconds.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    About the transporter generals:
    The whole point from the Santa general is to use it as a quick island-to-adventure transport. Not quick adventure-to-island.
    Upgrading the Quartermaster down to 5 minutes and 36 seconds (both ways) is faster than the Santa, even after upgrading Santa's travel time.
    In the 1 hour and 30 minutes it takes the Santa from adventure-to-island the Quartermaster has send 1000 units every 11 minutes and 12 seconds.
    Good point really !
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Be very careful on how you skill up your generals as there is one ramification which does not apply when adding skills to Geologists and Explorers. That is adding a skill to one can have a unintended effects on the results of other generals battles. The result of this is we will have to take more care about which general is sent to attack a particular camp, get it wrong and the carnage of your troops could prove very costly.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Be very careful on how you skill up your generals as there is one ramification which does not apply when adding skills to Geologists and Explorers. That is adding a skill to one can have a unintended effects on the results of other generals battles. The result of this is we will have to take more care about which general is sent to attack a particular camp, get it wrong and the carnage of your troops could prove very costly.
    I think in the end most will do most gens in same way. Attacking gens gets one set of books, suicide gets a second and TG a third.
    Then its only if you have different map speed that matters and only when blocking. Simplest way around this is not to use it even though we might like those gens to move faster.

Other than this, then I have one problem when looking at troops in the game.. All troops have a set dmg. and no minimum or maximum dmg. I do know that most sims. have the numbers.. but they should be in the game too.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    There are several different generals each with their own abilities and pro’s and con’s.
    While I personally love the option to skill generals, it does add more complexity to the game.
    The current situation is that you use different generals for different camps and approach to run adventures.
    For example the MMA with 1 recruit to weaken some camps, Vargus to deal with first-strikers, the Tavern 200 generals for blocking camps and the 270 general to finish it off.
    Skilling the general also depends on which type of adventures you do most, like normal adventures, Tailor adventures with normal units or Ali Baba adventures with Elite units.

I often complain about the slow movement speed of generals, specific in Tailor and Ali adventures, so my first instinct would be to upgrade the Tavern 200 generals to 20% movement speed. And then use other skills for the rest of the generals. But, this means the Tavern generals walks faster than the 270 general, which will cause problems during blocks. So if I skill the Tavern’s movement speed, I have to skill movement speed from the 270 general as well, effectively locking out up to 3 other skill options in that line.

On the test server I’ve skilled the 270 general (starting with Codex)
    - Master planner, add 10% to this army accuracy
    - Garrison Annex up to 15 extra units (285 total)
    - Cleave (2x codex)Elite Soldiers +8 attack damage + 66% splash damage
    - Battle Frenzy (3x tome) +30% attack damage after each round (thing is, most camps don’t require more that 2 or 3 rounds, but against Bosses it’s a different story)
    - Unstoppable charge (2xtome) Swift units deal +3 attack damage +splash damage
    - Sniper training (3xtome) Longbowmen +attack damage
    - Confident leader (1x) 10% reduction round combat
    - Rapid Fire (3x manuscript) Bowmen +attack damage
    - Overrun (3xmanuscript) 30% HP reduction Bosses

My 270 general does not need a 30% chance recovery rate, deal twice damage, extra starcoins or recruit mercenaries. Also does not need reduction in recovery rate, extra movement speed or travel speed. Simply using it as final attacker.

Both Vargus and MMA I’ve skilled those into extra general damage and first strike / last strike Codex.
    Nusala indeed the bowmen and longbowmen skills.
    Anslem, no clue as of yet.
    The Tavern gens skilled in transport time and recovery stuff.

Reply to Thread