Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: red bouncing exclamation marks

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    If your pop is full, I assume it means your school is not longer producing settlers.

It's one of the new features. Any building where the resouce capacity has reached its limit will show a red bouncy ! over it.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I like the idea, doesn't bother me at all. Like running "balanced" economy and full storage is call for action, and glad I get the info without searching through production menu. So definitely plus 1 from me.

Some of the ideas mentioned already could improve it though. Tone it down by changing the symbol (color and static maybe?) and make it optional in interface menu for those who nearly suffered heart attack.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I like the idea, doesn't bother me at all. Like running "balanced" economy and full storage is call for action, and glad I get the info without searching through production menu. So definitely plus 1 from me.

Some of the ideas mentioned already could improve it though. Tone it down by changing the symbol (color and static maybe?) and make it optional in interface menu for those who nearly suffered heart attack.
    You can find all the information you need with just one click, in economics menu. I really dont see why we need ugly red ! marks to get the information without clicking.
    One thing you still cant see without clicking 4 different places is if your P houses and barracks are out of work. Some icon on them or some central information feature would be much more appreciated.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by philbod View Post
    since the update this week the village school has had a red exclamation mark with what looks like barrels in it
    can anyone explain this please
    You are at maximum population
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    If BB read these, please remove the bouncing red arrows, or at least make them optional from the menu.
    We don't need to be told by such glareing visual means when production is full - we know already because we watch our production and are aware what's going on.
    We don't need to run at production all the time - wasted production time costs nothing.

For those people who are unaware what they are doing and need to be told everything maybe a good idea, in which case make the feature optional.

Probably the stupidest, most annoying update so far.

Thankyou.

PS This message is for devs, so others don't need to troll me because of my opinion, thanks.
    Last edited by Kafka-; 24.02.17 at 06:16.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka- View Post
    We don't need to run at production all the time - wasted production time costs nothing.
    Of course you can play the game anyway you want, but when I see full storage what I think is:
    *It could go into the star menu, it's being wasted right now
    *It could go onto the market, it's being wasted right now
    *I could shut down some of that production and put the resources it may or could be using into something else, it's being wasted right now.
    *It might be a good time to increase my storage, things are being wasted right now.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    You can find all the information you need with just one click, in economics menu. I really dont see why we need ugly red ! marks to get the information without clicking.
    One thing you still cant see without clicking 4 different places is if your P houses and barracks are out of work. Some icon on them or some central information feature would be much more appreciated.
    I can find it in economy menu but not with one click. One click only shows me 5 closed tabs. To see anything, I need to go through more clicking and scrolling. At least get your facts correct if you feel the need to opose what I like and find usefull cause that's lame anyway. Maybe you don't need it, but I welcome it. A player like you should know by now that people play different ways and have different preferences. Reading that this feature was actually asked for by players suggest that it's mostly the graphics representation which make players overreact in horror.

Regarding PH and Barracks you certainly have your point. Yet I could use the same argument used against this feature to debunk it also. If players know where their production is maxed they sure also know what their barracks and PH are dong. So maybe learn that personal preferences do not necessarily follow your "logic".

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I can find it in economy menu but not with one click. One click only shows me 5 closed tabs. To see anything, I need to go through more clicking and scrolling. At least get your facts correct if you feel the need to opose what I like and find usefull cause that's lame anyway. Maybe you don't need it, but I welcome it. A player like you should know by now that people play different ways and have different preferences. Reading that this feature was actually asked for by players suggest that it's mostly the graphics representation which make players overreact in horror.

Regarding PH and Barracks you certainly have your point. Yet I could use the same argument used against this feature to debunk it also. If players know where their production is maxed they sure also know what their barracks and PH are dong. So maybe learn that personal preferences do not necessarily follow your "logic".
    Best would be if they can can change it so we can chose to disable the flashing bouncing !. But where do you go when you see a red bouncing! ? - Dont you then go from there to the economics? I would - because that is where I can see how much I have and to change something. The end result is then the same.
    But some dont care as long as it is fish water wood - because it does not cost resources to produce and it is annoying to look at the red !
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Best would be if they can can change it so we can chose to disable the flashing bouncing !. But where do you go when you see a red bouncing! ? - Dont you then go from there to the economics? I would - because that is where I can see how much I have and to change something. The end result is then the same.
    But some dont care as long as it is fish water wood - because it does not cost resources to produce and it is annoying to look at the red !
    Agreed that the feature can be made optional in interface menu. I already acknowledged that in my original post.
    And if you suspect that I'm a brainless idiot then sure I might go to Economics menu to look and see that I really am maxed in storage. Since I do fancy using my brain at least occasionaly I can happily skip Economics menu now as I got the info from bouncing devil already. All I need to do now is clear the space in storehouse any way I preffer doing so - and I certainly don't empty my warehouse from economics menu.
    I wasn't oposing anybody's preferences so it's perfectly ok with me if some players like having fish, wood and water maxed out all the time. It doesn't change anything on the fact that I still like it balanced and not maxed out most of the time so bouncing devil is welcomed. And for the sake of others let's tone it down and make it optional, as already suggested.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 27.02.17 at 09:50.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey guys - just wanted to check in since there's some doubt floating around. We are absolutely reading and collecting this feedback, so keep telling us how you feel about the feature; just remember to be polite about it!

Reply to Thread