Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: red bouncing exclamation marks

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    you people who dont like maxed stocks and feel your so rich and a gifted trader because you don't run maxed stocks. Feel free to hand me 6 improved silos, a few improved fishermens, butchers and deerstalkers before you come try teach me anything about economy that is awful and require an enourmous amount of micromanaging for hardly any profit at all. whatever makes people think i bother selling basic goods for pennies only to work the next X weeks to reproduce it with the toll on more advanced buildings which wood chains feed.

BB prove their incompatibility with releasing this nonsense in a severely damaged game where everyone already suffer from heavy lag much due to nonsense implementations like this completely unnessesary exclamation mark. Meanwhile we wait ages for real fixes. Like the much needed Excelsior attention where loot wont go to storage, adventuress where settlerscant be excluded from being sent to storage forcing all the loot into star for every friggin adventure. i can't believe they havent fixed anything yet, it's been obvious for a very long time that quest log and achievements interfer heavily with the game and is a culprit to large chunks of game problems.

I could go on, but when respect for sanity is at historical low. You would have to pay me first or await next time I decide to shed some light in this dark world.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Quite the opposite. Full storage shows that the production has surplus.
    Production stops. Production time is wasted. You can always sell surplus, so you should star & produce more. Opportunity costs are real.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Malhalla View Post
    economy that is awful and require an enourmous amount of micromanaging
    lol. Micromanaging the economy IS the game. It's why I played Settlers I 20 years ago, and why I play TSO now. If you don't like that, maybe this isn't for you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    lol. Micromanaging the economy IS the game. It's why I played Settlers I 20 years ago, and why I play TSO now. If you don't like that, maybe this isn't for you.
    Yes that's why I only need to do adventures for XP and cba hazzling with basic resources that will only end up halting my advanced resources. I don't need your opportunity to waste more time than I already do. You couldnt be more wrong despite we both apparently have been playing settlers for 20 years and its the nr 1 strategy game, not the capitalistic micromanaging lagfest its become.
    Last edited by Malhalla; 22.02.17 at 12:40.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Can we please stay on topic. This thread was opened to discuss the latest addition of the markers on buildings, not a discussion about economics and micromanagement.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I think it's fair to say that, regardless of how one plays, the markers are resoundingly unpopular. The 'economy overview' button already overs this info anyway, so why spoil the aesthetics...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree - the markers are horrible. I wouldn't mind the barrels showing up, if they were still, but bouncing red exclamations and barrels is just all too much.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The thing is that we couldn't really test this on the Test Server because the capacity there was so great that it was impossible
    to max out and have your island covered in exclamation marks. Had we done so they may have been more protest.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

School not working

since the update this week the village school has had a red exclamation mark with what looks like barrels in it
    can anyone explain this please

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea per se as it beats having to check your store menu continuously (for those of us that don't a gazillion store space). Just maybe change the design to something a little less invasive?

Furthermore, it looks just like the red ! when another production is blocked by lack of a certain resources. I know there's a different icon near is but those are hardly visible when you are zoomed out. I actually only noticed the icons recently and I've been playing for more than 2 years!

Reply to Thread