Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In game combat sim - or the game might die

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation In game combat sim - or the game might die

There is now a real need for a good quality in game combat sim........

If the new skill for Generals gets implimented all game guides will again need to be updated/expanded. However this time there is going to be so many different variables that it will be almost imposible to develope good guides that manage to cover all the possible combinations.
    We will be left with guides that are tailored to the guide creators own skills that they have on their generals and most people will use them with fingers crossed that their skilled generals will be able to kill camps.

For those who regularly use a combat sims this will not be an issue, but for people who just use guides (probably around 80%-90% of players) they may well loose interest in the game if they can not find guides that match their generals.

A new way to play adventures will need to be developed i.e. guides that just show placements for blocks & attacks and combat sims that are easy to use and quick to calculate attacks based on players own generals. Thus each player will be able to place their generals according to their chosen guide and then will, with the click of a few buttons !!!!, be able to work out the attacks (hopefully they will remember to save the attacks in their own personal file for use next time).

My favorite sim atm is the new one developed by Fexno this allows you to save the generals you use and also give best attacks sim-ed by other players. Fexno has said he will be updating it with the new skills for generals.

Whilst I am very gratefull to all the combat sim developers out there now might be the time for BB to have a rethink.

A good combat sim is critical to the games survival and BB should seriously concider developing an ingame combat sim which, hopefully, will include the following features:-
    • Fast best attack calculation for both least losses and longest duration (i.e. attacks & blocks)
    • Ability to save a players own generals & their skills - no need to enter details each time
    • Best attacks as already sim-ed by others - for lazy people like me who rely on others to do all the work
    • Ability to save a the attacks for a whole adventure (ie an individual customised attack list for an adventure) - wouldn't it be great if one click would load up your general!!!!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am fine with the ones we have. Many other things I would prefer BB to use their energy on instead. Like first of all- make it possible to move job in barracks and p house to front. The list is long, what comes to mind first is : Giving the advs no one wants to do a make over. Make new exiting game content .....
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Actually there is a combat simulation for attack, not like 3rd party and external tools, but fair enough to know you are winning or not, and is it fair losses or not.
    Hello People

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugglesx View Post
    A good combat sim is critical to the games survival and BB should seriously concider developing an ingame combat sim
    You cant seriously think its BBs obligation to remove the last tiny shred of anything that requires any incentive from players, and reduce their own game to mindless pushing sliders in the generals tab for everyone.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If you look at the guides currently available you will see that already they do not cater for the range of generals we have, they have not done for over 4 years. The guides are based on the lowest common denominator of the generals available. Likewise once guides start appearing featuring the skills they will again work to the lowest common denominator. What this means is for those of us who go for a better choice the only result from following the guides is we will see less losses than the guides suggest, this is not a game breaker.

As for a in-game sim this is not something I want BB to even think about as it would remove man hours from the games development. I too use the sim developed by Fexno but like every sim available it has its limitations, a sim by BB would also have limitations and I suspect would be more limited than the ones we already have.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 02.03.17 at 17:57. Reason: typo fix
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    You'll be asking BB to play game for you next...
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    why have an in-game combat sim? There are loads available without cluttering the game.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I too do my own guides, and have posted a few.
    i will continue making guides but will be done to the lowest skill, which we have now.
    Guides i use will be customized to myself, but the only thing that will change is when we get new adventure/ventures, these guides will be up to the guide creator.
    Evil_j has said he will post a list of skills for guides, as for players using guide with fingers cross, I dont think so!
    and there is always wiki, were the skill tree wont work with there guides.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Brick View Post
    I too do my own guides, and have posted a few.
    i will continue making guides but will be done to the lowest skill, which we have now.
    Guides i use will be customized to myself, but the only thing that will change is when we get new adventure/ventures, these guides will be up to the guide creator.
    Evil_j has said he will post a list of skills for guides, as for players using guide with fingers cross, I dont think so!
    and there is always wiki, were the skill tree wont work with there guides.
    Thank you for proving my points i.e. the guides will not be able to cope will all the different combinations of skills.
    Whats the point of having skills if the guides don't match your own generals?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugglesx View Post
    Whats the point of having skills if the guides don't match your own generals?
    It would appear you missed my point about the guides not having matched our generals for over the last 4 years now.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread