Reply to Thread

Thread: Incremental Skill bonus quests

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Incremental Skill bonus quests

As it is now:

A Sophisticated Pillager or Streetwise Negotiator -skilled scout/explorer may bring a bonus quest upon reward(s) from related search.
    However, those quests are unique and "flat" (not tiered); which means any brought quest you already have, is lost (opportunity).

Also, despite having a skill bonus quest, some adventures are still not attractive enough to be played.

My suggestion:

Add tiers (with incremental reward) to Skill bonus quests.

How it would work:

If a Sophisticated Pillager or Streetwise Negotiator -skilled scout/explorer brings a bonus quest you already have, then a tiered up version of that quest will be added.
    Ie a tier 2 version task requirements are doubled, a tier 3 version task requirements are tripled and so on till max tier (could be 5).

Eg a tier 2 version of Bonus: "Wild Mary" would require Complete the "Wild Mary" adventure twice. Rewarding twice (perhaps or tweaked numbers) as much as tier 1 version; a tier 3 version of Bonus: "Wild Mary" would require Complete the "Wild Mary" adventure three times. Rewarding three times (perhaps or tweaked numbers) as much as tier 1 version.

Let's say..
    1. ..you complete a Wild Mary adventure while having the according Skill bonus quest tier 1, 2 and 3. That would complete the tier 1 quest and make progression in tier 2 and 3.
    2. ..you then get this skill bonus quest again and again. That would first add a tier 1 quest as there's none, and then add a tier 4 quest as there are already tier 2 and 3 quests.
    3. ..you once again complete a Wild Mary adventure. That would complete the tier 1 and 2 quests, while tier 3 would progress to 2/3 and tier 4 to 1/4.

Conclusion:

By implementing this suggestion, there would be no more wasted quest opportunity on a second find and former unattractive adventures could become attractive enough to be played.
    To get it all well-balanced, some numbers and variables (chance to get a quest) would probably need to be tweaked, but tier set is limited so shouldn't be that hard to do.
    There might be other issues keeping players from doing some adventures, but this suggestion is about the reward - what you'd get as bonus when finishing an adventure, not how you'd finish it.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 01.03.17 at 21:40.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What about Riches of the mountains or Storm recovery where a player may not have the resources required.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure if this would be enough to make me do wild mary
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Not sure if this would be enough to make me do wild mary
    You'd get 300 , 150 & 100 as bonus when completing a WM adv.
    If you'd stack the bonus quest to tier 5 and then do 5 WM adv in a row, you'd get such bonus 15 times (tier 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5) =
    = 4500 , 2250 & 1500 .
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    You'd get 300 , 150 & 100 as bonus when completing a WM adv.
    If you'd stack the bonus quest to tier 5 and then do 5 WM adv in a row, you'd get such bonus 15 times (tier 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5) =
    = 4500 , 2250 & 1500 .
    That sounds ok for many of the advs - but for wm - it is still nahh - rater do anything else - something more tempting need to be in loot or loss of troops reduced.
    Might be different for someone who actually needs more exo and granite though

For some adventures - not doing the bonus quest and there by preventing me from getting another is part of the strategy.
    Last edited by Urd123; 02.03.17 at 06:22.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread