Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: International Women's Day

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

International Women's Day

Dear players,

Do not think that The Settlers Online lacks female figures; how would adventure searches look like without The Intrepid Explorer? How about defeating enemies without Nusala's special Explosive Ammunition trait? We cannot imagine Excelsior without Captain Graham either, nor the home zone without the infamous Wild Mary. For this reason we invite you today, on International Women's Day, to discover the next influential female character in the game by completing the puzzle:

Simply download the image and cut out the puzzle pieces, complete it and share the result with us! Who could it be?

Happy Women's Day!
    BB_Saqui

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Interpid Explorer

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    its the new explorer

WanaBSettler
    Amelia Earhart???

SamuelThorn
    Yay, so cool. If you wish to see it (spoiler alert): http://imagebucket.net/u/giytgmq

World
    Sandycove
    it looks like the courageous explorer, only in the mirror, pretty clever..

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    it is the Courageous Explorer

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bit silly to send flowers as gift - kinf of re-inforcing why there is a need of International Womens Days is it?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am happy that you did not put the picture of the very little dressed girl on front from last year. I am happy that there are now some female gens and explorers in the game, it is all in the right direction.

But I am still offended that BB still does not seem to understand what this day is about. It is not like mothers day or valentines day where you give flowers to your mother or girlfriend.
    I am offended by the flowers, not because I dont like flowers, but to me they sent the wrong signa, That female s are just pretty things that like pretty things.
    Woman's day represents the fight for equal rights for woman. Flowers represent to me sticking to an antiquated image of woman.
    So why dont you just leave it alone - or sent some useful buffs instead. No one said you had to celebrate it in this game.
    If you dont get it - the why dont you just remove the celebration- then you dont risc offending all the female players.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Flowers. Flowers? For International Women's Day? How stereotyped. Why not another female intrepid explorer or a female geologist or a female technologist of some sort?

Closed Thread