Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Medium Adventure Searches Bringing Back Too Many Co-op Adv's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Not sure whether to start a new thread for this but...
    The drop rate for scenarios on short and medium adventure searches is currently almost negligible (far below the stated 1%)
    The large quantities required to gain the relevant achievements make them out of reach if we can't get the scenario maps in the first place.
    So, how about filling the gap with these if you take away some co-ops?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Solution:

1. Remove co-ops from all adventure searches.

2. Make all co-ops available for Map Fragments in the Merchant.
    Wau - I like that suggestion
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    What sort of loot would you personally consider appropriate for the most popular co-ops?
    I think that is really for BB to determine as you of course have to ''maintain the balance'' of the game. As it is the coops are totally unbalanced hence why they are rarely done despite BB ensuring we all have plenty from the adventure searches........

World
    Sandycove
    +1 to the idea of making co-ops available in the merchant for frags and removing them (or reducing their frequency) in searches.

BB_Saqui My suggestion would be to query the database and find out what co-ops are being played and at what frequency compared to an aggregate of other adventures played. I think you would find a clear avoidance of certain co-ops. Then either drop those from the searches or augment their rewards to make them more desirable.

Give me access to the DB and I'd be happy to put something together for you
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    + 1 , for co-ops to be available only in merchant
    Way too many co-ops being dropped , in all searches , not only on the medium search , while the scouts barely can find a "mission" or a scenario.
    Loot - what about re-introducing weapons in loot ?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd support them being removed from searches, jolly's idea was also good if they have to stay, so long as they had a column of their own and 100% drop of one or the other.

Put 15 banners in loot of lakeside treasure pretty sure virtually every player would be looking to do them for a good while.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    What sort of loot would you personally consider appropriate for the most popular co-ops?
    As I cast my mind to the dim and distant past, before the big loot nerf of 2014, through the haze of coffee and sleep deprivation, I seem to remember a time when Tomb Raiders was particularly popular, largely due to the iron and/or gold refills it dropped, so there's one idea to make co-ops attractive again.

I also seem to remember Whirlwind being played a lot, despite its complexities, before the chance of dropping a Bone Church was dropped down the toilet, so there's another idea.

Speaking of buildings, you could add a chance for other buildings to other co-ops. Pirate Residence seems like it might be appropriate for Raiding the Raiders and/or Buccaneer Roundup, so there's a third idea.

In the past three years we have also seen quite a few new buffs being introduced to the game, so perhaps some of these could be added to co-op loot and there's a fourth idea.

With the ever increasing demand for books since the introduction of science to all our generals, I know co-ops would become very popular if you introduced a realistic chance of getting, for example, manuscript from Siege/Lakeside Treasure/Buccaneer Roundup, tome from Raiding the Raiders/Tomb Raiders and codex from Whirlwind, so there's a fifth.

And my sixth and final idea (at least for the moment) would be to add some of the 'follow up' adventures that we so rarely see these days. Old Friends seems like a reasonably sensible drop from Lakeside Treasure or Tomb Raiders. Also, it wouldn't be out of place for Raiding the Raiders and Buccaneer Roundup to drop Motherly Love.... or even Island of the Pirates, considering how stupidly expensive that has gotten since it was removed from the Adventure Merchant.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Lordy, for once i disagree with u. we are asking for better loot which i think is a gr8 idea and so as asked by Saqui i think it is up to us to suggest what we think is better loot.

i dont think weps will reappear. i cant see bb backpeddling on that 1 and as for elite weps, if ur not making more than enuff then ur doing something wrong, they are easy to make and a much lower ratio to make troops with.
    refills, i dont use em and i think many other players play the same way. i find it much easier to rebuild mines and sell refills. its a bit more gc but i never spend it and tbh this wouldn't coerce me into playing less attractive advs.

here comes the positive bit
    books and buildings, (not white castles and pirate res's. ((give me strength! a noble holds more pop than these. i give 50 pop buildings away to any1 willing to take them.) i'd play almost any adv for a chance of a 100 pop building, even tho "random loot" for me seems to equal "no chance"!

as for poor map searches, it does get much better on very long search

EDIT: i just got a whirlwind and storm recovery lol
    Last edited by vigabrand; 08.12.17 at 15:58.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    this is about the coops in loot but really we are spammed with many more. It is for BB to make balance. But it is no where near balance. Some have loot so crabby that people never do them. It is a waste of time and space to have advs in the game that players don't want to do. BB have used manpower at some point to do them. Time and effort have been used- so it really is a shame. Hard to tell exactly what makes an adv worth doing or not worth doing.
    I do like doing co-ops - but it is hard to find others who want to do them at the same time.

So yes it is a balance and it needs to be balanced, it is not now.

That said I have a huge lot of mfs I would like to have some use for, so it would be great for more options on what to use them on no matter what.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    a huge 1+ from me; please make this happen BB. Or at least make the loot worthwhile cos as it stands now its pretty poo
    First..
    I would like to remind folks that you should endeavour to stay on-topic when discussing game suggestions. Posts should be about providing feedback and contribute civil criticism. Anything else is subject to moderation for de-railing the thread off its original purpose.

..then to answer your question..
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH, tsotesting.com - 16.08.17
    It would be great if you added a follow-up adventure to Tomb Raiders (let's call it Return to the Tomb), allowing elite units and having some rare horseshoes as possible loot..
    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post46725

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH, tsotesting.com - 16.08.17
    • co-op adventures are in general not played because their loot are not good enough
    • shoe buffs attract "speed run players" most and Tomb Raiders are the best adventure for "speed run"
    • due to limited space (landing zone) and time, the "grinding cost" is not easily reduced by sacrifing attacks
    • there is no "speed run" friendly adventure for elite units
    If you added a follow-up adventure to Tomb Raiders, (in principle) all active players would (in short time) be able to run for it.
    If you'd call it Return to the Tomb and (re)used the Tomb Raiders map, but changed the camps (fill them with highdamage units) and allow players to use elite units, would IMHO make things (what troop to lose) interesting ..
    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post46730
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread