Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No SSL on login?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Use a unique password for the game. Then you have very little risk. Anything can be hacked. Absolutely anything - if the attacker is skilled and interested enough.

Please don't use the same password for (example) your banking and your gaming. That's just asking for it.

Also, I recommend a low balance credit card (I have one I use online with only a $750 limit). Even though most of the time banks will back you up if you claim a fraud, it helps prevent large hassles.
    Good tips, I already have so different password for every site that I have a login for it, and usually the sensitive accounts like primary email and bank account, got 2-way authentication.
    Hello People

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I do understand that the landing page is not SSL-secure. I just don't understand why you do that.

This makes TSO a "suspicious website", which is not a good way of attracting new players.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    However, all the important stuff like shops, logins, etc are all secured with HTTPS.
    No they are not, if you didn't delete the link for the research into this problem you would understand that you've failed to protect our login data.

I put good money on Firefox and chrome both blocking sites like this outright by the end of this year.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWizard View Post
    No they are not, if you didn't delete the link for the research into this problem you would understand that you've failed to protect our login data.

I put good money on Firefox and chrome both blocking sites like this outright by the end of this year.
    Firefox no longer accepts the current tso behavior. Will now only work with an explicit certification exception which no normal user a) knows how to do b) should do

(to clarify: the login no longer works unless you explicitly whitelist)
    Last edited by MiniMaxy; 28.05.17 at 21:18.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Depending on what browser you use, and the settings of your security, you may have to whitelist the TSO homepage, as it doesn't use HTTPS. But as previously mentioned, your login data via the login page and details you input for the shop are secured using HTTPS.

This is fact.

I'm closing this thread to keep this information visible, as the discussion is going in circles.

Closed Thread