Thread: Flowers for International Women's Day

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for the flowers

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I cant say thanks - I want to return them, I can delete them or accept them - but that still meant that I received them.
    I got so mad that BB did this again that I am taking a long brake from the game.

Why dont you get that for some of us this is offending????

We tried to tell you last year - I am pretty sure someone told you the year before.

I can see 2 reasons to sent those flowers. First one is that you really dont get what this day it is about, and you see it as a day to sent flowers to any female person you know. That is pure ignorance.

Other reason is much worse - that is that BB sees females as pretty creatures who likes pretty things.

No matter what reason there really is not anyone who says you need to celebrate this day. If BB dpes not understand what it is about then please just let it be.

Or sent something that cant be considered sexistic condescending and offending.

What it does to me is that it makes me mad. I play to relax so when the game makes me mad,- then I have to stop playing.
    It makes me mad because of what that day means to me, but also because I really dont like prejudices, and this feeds my own prejudices. I start thinging stuff about the BB staff I dont really want to put in print, and that I dont even want to think.

My guess is that the players who say thanks for the flowers just like to get free stuff and really dont care in any way about this day.

So please stop this - either sent something more appropriate - or just forget that day exist.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i got no idea what any1 is talking about. seems to me another hallmark idea to sell more cards. and tbh bob i'm offended that u used it as an excuse to tell us how much better u r than ur partner

there's a MAN in town sweeps the streets. He's very humble and friendly, knowledgable and clever. i could chat to him all day long. would i bother spending time with an executive type woman who likes to boast? no probably not
    Last edited by vigabrand; 10.03.17 at 08:20.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    i got no idea what any1 is talking about. seems to me another hallmark idea to sell more cards. and tbh bob i'm offended that u used it as an excuse to tell us how much better u r than ur partner

there's a MAN in town sweeps the streets. He's very humble and friendly, knowledgable and clever. i could chat to him all day long. would i bother spending time with an executive type woman who likes to boast? no probably not
    I dont get what you are talking about. Trying to keep politics out of the game and forum is a good decision, but hard. As this is a political celebration it is really not possible. And that would be another good reason just to keep this day out of the game.

If you dont know what it is about - then google it.

I guess it is a gender thing and it either means something to you or it does not.
    people are free to think and feel as they please , but there really is no point in stepping on other peoples feelings when it can be avoided.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    I don't mind getting flowers on 8th of March but if it's indeed a special day why not sent violet and light blue flowers ( the gem deco version) and you sent the cheap blue ( everybody has them) version?

World
    Sandycove
    Not wanting to stray to far from the game in this regard, I am more concerned that BB missed a trick here. Why did they not have a random element of coloured flower beds to stimulate some trade play? Giving everyone the same colour ( when others are available in game ) just devalues the one colour to zero....what ever happened to keeping things added to game in balance?
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm curious Bobblyt if I may ask, what does your husband do for a living?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm curious how many people would have objected to, or even felt anything was odd, inappropriate or offensive about, the balance or the observation, if the original post "I am female, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (male)..." had read:
    • I am male, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (female)...
    • I am female, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (female)...
    • I am male, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (male)...

or even
    • I am male, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn less than my partner (female)...

I am certain there would have been no need to moderate the thread for the reasons it was moderated, unfortunately this was needed and that is no small part of the point.

To get back to the original topic: As this does come up every year it's baffling BB still haven't seen fit to include a book, or anything productive in the gift. Well done on many of the other additions and changes to the game BB but come on now.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 10.03.17 at 18:36. Reason: Added thought.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I also like flowers but would have preferred black ones because they would remind me of the "one way ticket to the blues" & transparency policy.
    (Opaque is the new black?)
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    I'm curious how many people would have objected to, or even felt anything was odd, inappropriate or offensive about, the balance or the observation, if the original post "I am female, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (male)..." had read:
    • I am male, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (female)...
    • I am female, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (female)...
    • I am male, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn more than my partner (male)...

or even
    • I am male, am in a fairly senior role in my organisation, earn less than my partner (female)...

I am certain there would have been no need to moderate the thread for the reasons it was moderated, unfortunately this was needed and that is no small part of the point.

To get back to the original topic: As this does come up every year it's baffling BB still haven't seen fit to include a book, or anything productive in the gift. Well done on many of the other additions and changes to the game BB but come on now.
    At least this year - at least so far - we are allowed to discuss this. That is all a step in the right direction. I still need some sign that BB have finally leaned their lesson, before I can go back to enjoying the game. If not it will be a few weeks - or until I no longer have to look at the woman's day news piece on log in page, before I want to start playing the game again.

Dont know what I do next year if they sent those flowers one more time

Closed Thread