Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of the Manor?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

What's the point of the Manor?

At level 71, you unlock the last Elite building, the Manor. At level 6, it adds 100 to your pop limit and uses the same building space as a Noble Residence (which has a pop limit of 80 at level 6). But... it takes a building licence and there's no corresponding gem version that doesn't use a licence. Now, I don't like to generalise, but I'm reasonably confident that no player at that level is using any buildings that consume licences for population. Most of us I'd imagine are using a combination of merchant bought Nobles, Mag Residences, and various loot buildings (Frozen Manors, Witch Towers castles of various colours, etc). Certainly I can't see anyone wanting to dedicate enough licences to make a significant dent in their pop limit in this way (I have around 150ish Nobles, there's no way I'm going to sink 150 licences into replacing those).

On top of that, it's also fairly likely that players at that level no longer care so much about increasing their pop limit anyway. I have a pop limit of around 27k, I keep a standing army of about 25k troops and I can easily run a bunch of fairytales or ABs back to back without needing to wait for more troops. I know of some players with more than 35k pop and I can't imagine that increasing that number brings a lot of benefits for them.

If the Manor didn't take a building licence then I could see that it would be a useful upgrade over the Noble (with a corresponding hike in production and upgrade costs to balance it obviously), but as it is, it just seems pointless.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    It is, clearly shows devs don't play there own game

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm totally agree with you, but not for licenses issue only, because with more improved buildings, you will free more space and get back more licenses, you will have a lot of spare licenses to use, but the issue, why the Minor is in so late level that you moslty will have even motivated to play, if you will stay playing you will play at the least efforts, with slowest way.

It could be better if BB placed Minor on the lvl 58 or lvl 59 at least.
    Hello People

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    At level 71, you unlock the last Elite building, the Manor. At level 6, it adds 100 to your pop limit and uses the same building space as a Noble Residence (which has a pop limit of 80 at level 6). But... it takes a building licence and there's no corresponding gem version that doesn't use a licence...
    Yet. Seems BB has already planned something with it if you take a look at the Trade Office menu...
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem_Warrior_1 View Post
    It is, clearly shows devs don't play there own game
    It is not developer issue at all, it the issue of game designer, developers do what they receive in the issue tracker or their task board.

But still, those designers and who make decisions don't know a lot of things about this game, they maybe login into test server think they playing a real game.
    Hello People

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    If the Manor didn't take a building licence then I could see that it would be a useful upgrade over the Noble (with a corresponding hike in production and upgrade costs to balance it obviously), but as it is, it just seems pointless.
    Its nowhere near as bad as people might think.

By the time a normal player reaches 71, either he/ she or their children will have already replaced most of the buildings on the island with premium ones, leaving a number of licenses they might use for housing.

Im sitting at 96 right now, being able to buy 20 more for stalks and free around 15 if I decide to drop some of the normal houses. 20 more to come if I decide to replace windmills after Easter event.

As for why the manor is lvl 71, I think that up until the later part of last year, whoever made the design decisions for the XXL update wasnt even fully aware what the requirements for levels are (thats why initial version of the pathfinder ship required lvl 74), simply because noone bothered to calculate the results of moving the cut-off point 25 points to the right on an exponential curve.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    And just as silly are the titanium mines at lvl 61. Does anyone need titanium then? I know I do not, i have lots more titanium from tailoradventures than I will ever use. I needed titanium back when I was lvl 36 and needed crossbows

Now it is worthless to me.
    Last edited by Dragavon; 13.03.17 at 18:06.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The need for Titanium depends on if you block or not.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I believe everything here was pointed out on test site...shortly after I left...
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    I believe everything here was pointed out on test site...shortly after I left...
    I dont think anyone but players actually read forum on test.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread