Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions to improve the Economy Overview window

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Suggestions to improve the Economy Overview window

• When a building is upgrading, have the upgrading icon over it in the list view instead of the sleeping icon. I'm upgrading a lot of production buildings to level 6 and, it's a pain to keep checking which ones are upgrading already and which are just sleeping.
    • When you close the window, keep the last open state until the session ends. Again, going through a long list of buildings, I click on the Economy Overview icon in the lower bar, then click on the resource icon, then click on the building type, then when I click on the individual building the window closes. If I want to check another building of the same type, I have to repeat the whole process again. Instead when I open the overview, it should still be open at the same list view as when it closed.
    • Add a Storage category. This has two 'resources' listed: population and storage capacity. Clicking on population brings up a list of all population buildings (residences, nobles, manors, magnificent residences, castles, etc), clicking on a building type then opens the list in the leftmost pane of all currently constructed buildings of that type, their levels and their current status ('working' or upgrading as they can't be asleep). The Storage Capacity option works the same way except with all buildings that store resources (storehouses/improved storehouses, mayor's residence, etc) and again, clicking on a building type shows all buildings of that type that are currently constructed with their status as for population buildings. This would be useful for checking the upgrade level of your various storage buildings and getting an overview of where to improve capacity.
    • Show the production rate of buildings that are currently asleep. This would need a slight change to the UI in order to not make it confusing. Here are two ways to achieve that.
      1. Have a 'show full production' button in the main UI frame that toggles the view between current production and full production with all buildings of the selected type online. By default the toggle is set to current only and it will reset when the window is closed. Clicking on a resource with the toggle set to full will show the maximum for all buildings of that type online, clicking on a specific building will show the individual value for that building in the leftmost pane. Buildings that are sleeping or upgrading will have the numbers or the background in a different colour to make it clear that they are not actually working. If a building is upgrading, then the maximum production value assumes the new level, otherwise it shows the current level.
      2. Show production values as x/y where X is current production and y is maximum production. X includes temporary changes such as sleeping/upgrading and buffs. Y only shows the production level if the building were on and unbuffed. If a building is upgrading, then the maximum production value assumes the new level, otherwise it shows the current level. If x and y are the same (i.e. the building is online and unbuffed) then only one number need be shown.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    +1

World
    Northisle
    +1
    Have fun!

Reply to Thread