Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Players Poll Please

World
    Northisle

Players Poll Please

As a long time player of TSO, I would like to get to player base opinion on this issue, from which I currently suffer (?). And just maybe BB would listen should my opinion be ratified by the majority.

Guild Chat not available while on general ban

Basically self-explanitory. Ok, I am banned for several abuses of G1 rules. But I don't feel this ban should should extend to guild chat. If the guild do not like behaviour in their non-publicly viewable then the guild officers can make any banning (kicking) decisions.
    I broke BBs rules in G1 which is viewable by any player and so have to accept the consequences of my actions.
    My Guild do not necessarily agree with BB's decision though, and my presence in guild chat can't be seen by any other players in the game.

So what do the population of TSO think ? I do appreciate your feedback.

Brotherjon
    I can see your point and a guild chat ban for a well run and over 18 guild might be a step too far. I guess the reason why it is in place is down to the fact that minors are still potentially able to join and see your comments in guild chat and the guild leader, even if very responsible, is not under control of developers.
    I think banned players should have a chance of making up and putting things right though. Maybe a large fine of in game resources or apology email stating you have re read the terms and conditions or something along those lines.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I feel if you suffer a ban then you should be EXTERMINATED

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by kelad1 View Post
    I feel if you suffer a ban then you should be EXTERMINATED
    Harsh... but fair

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    A ban is a ban.
    Don't get banned.
    Simple.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I dont think there should be any change in that.
    I do think there should maybe be a change in some of the rules that leads to a ban or the way they are sometimes enforced. I have had guild members who was new to the game and put an external link - was given chat ban with no warning.
    Also some of the forbidden words in pegi 7 would be more appropriate if the age of players in the game was 6-10 years old. And it gets increasingly silly when BB can post pictures that you cant describe without breaking pegi 7.
    It is fine to ban players who dont listen to warnings and really dont care if they break the rules or not. If there is a good reason for ban - then it should also be from guild chat.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    The biggest problem with the bans are that moderators, at least on Sandycove are sometimes very heavy handed and bans people for very little.

A guildmate got a ban a couple of months ago for writing one sentence in general chat by mistake, it was meant for guildchat. It was nothing offenisve or anything, just in the wrong language for g1. No warning, no explanation, just banned instantly.

When you get banned unfairly like that it is very harsh that the ban is also for guildchat.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I think somebody needs to google the word Oxymoron.

Somebody also is not aware polls are not allowed.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I think somebody needs to google the word Oxymoron.

Somebody also is not aware polls are not allowed.
    Don't get the oxymoron reference.
    Sorry, I was totally unaware that polls are not allowed ? Are they not ? Hmmm, ok then.

Maybe not a poll then, but it is good to get feedback as I feel it is a bit hard on me after a years ban to still not be able to talk to my guild in chat. I mean, I can still mail them... just makes life harder.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I feel for you - have a guildie without chat - I think a bigger problem is that we dont know when he is online and he dont know who in guild is online.

Closed Thread