Reply to Thread

Thread: Transparent island screen?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle

Transparent island screen?

I wonder if it would be feasible for BB to create a sort of transparent island overlay so that people could visit an island but not interfere with the island? In that way visitors could be allowed to have a look but not to do random buffs, use tricks, or drop uninvited buffs on truce camps etc.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sort of just a way to visually see an island without interfering with it?

World
    Northisle
    Enable "visit island" to all players but you need to be friends before you can buff.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Enable "visit island" to all players but you need to be friends before you can buff.
    I like that idea

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    "/v username"
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Sort of just a way to visually see an island without interfering with it?
    Yes. Some people like for instance to kill the truce camps themselves and get annoyed when someone has use the buffs and they click the 'quest complete' without thinking when they login. Likewise many have buff schedules which they like to keep to so that it fits with work and end up using endless stop buffs as friends have thought they were helping by dropping a few buffs. There have been cases of people thinking it funny to drop a load of tricks on players who are offline.

By having some sort of transparent screen people could make their islands secure from this sort of thing.

I can see what Durin is suggesting but it is often friends who cause the problems by trying to help, so they think.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan1 View Post
    ...many have buff schedules which they like to keep to so that it fits with work and end up using endless stop buffs as friends have thought they were helping by dropping a few buffs...
    Has happened to me many times, and can greatly disturb my schedule. Fortunately I think I've communicated with enough people it doesn't happen much but there always is that new friend that just got added...

What would be the best for me would be having a 'trusted' flag I could set per player, but I can see that's supposed to be the purpose of the friends list. Another would be to 'lock' the island (kind of what the thread is implying) but there are people I do trust and would like them to be free to take care of something they need (apply x buffs to a friend, etc.) even if I was offline and my island was 'locked'.

So I can't see a clear way to handle something like this.
    Last edited by Xibor; 03.04.17 at 21:54.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread