Reply to Thread

Thread: Rules of Conduct

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Rules of Conduct

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe no where in the registration process are you presented with the Rules of Conduct for the game. As far as I know, the only way to see them is to go to the forum. There is a quest to go to the forum, but nothing in the wording about finding or reading those rules, and at that point it's too late anyway.

I always thought it odd that people were expected to follow rules they were not presented with. Any chance those could be incorporated into the Ubisoft Terms of Use or featured more prominently during the sign up process?

Considering a violation of the rules could get one banned I think it would be a nice idea if people were told the rules exist first.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe no where in the registration process are you presented with the Rules of Conduct for the game. As far as I know, the only way to see them is to go to the forum. There is a quest to go to the forum, but nothing in the wording about finding or reading those rules, and at that point it's too late anyway.

I always thought it odd that people were expected to follow rules they were not presented with. Any chance those could be incorporated into the Ubisoft Terms of Use or featured more prominently during the sign up process?

Considering a violation of the rules could get one banned I think it would be a nice idea if people were told the rules exist first.
    Before signing up for a new account, all players are required to confirm that they've read our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy; both of which are viewable in their full extent via links at the signup page. It is the player's responsibility to make sure they fully understand these before playing the game, and by confirming the sign-up process they agree to adhere to the rules set forth in the Terms of Use.

You can also access these documents outside of the sign-up process at the bottom of the homepage at any time.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with you that you do have to accept the TOU, however, that is a generic TOU and does not have the settlers-specific game rules. For instance, it does not mention pegi-7 chat, the restrictions on multiple accounts, etc. That information is only available on the forum, and there is no in-game reference to it.

For reference the TOU one is presented with at signup is here: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/en-US

The in-game Rules of Conduct I am referring to are here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/f...les-of-Conduct

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    the restrictions on multiple accounts
    Rules like this are included in the ToU:

You acknowledge that you may not create multiple Accounts and that you will immediately close your additional Account upon UBISOFT's request.
    If you go to section 3.2 of the Terms of Use, you can find many of the rules you describe.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, well done. I knew as soon as I started listing them off the top of my head, I would miss one. Should have known better. Nice catch.

Glad to know the other rules aren't important enough to warrant the mention. Thank you so much for clarifying!

qawpaw
    But it would be allright with extra on other server???

Reply to Thread