Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat Trivia Events

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

Chat Trivia Events

Sadly always held at a time when most sane people are in bed.
    Any chance of a bit of variation please, so a large proportion of players don't feel excluded?
    Both French and German language versions manage to hold similar events at later times.

World
    Sandycove
    I would also appreciate the times changing once in a while since I'm not really in the mood to get up at 04:00 to participate, and I probably wouldn't find enough brain cells to work even if I did
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I really wonder why they choose the time while people at work or schools mostly, 6 BST might be better.
    Hello People

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    I really wonder why they choose the time while people at work or schools mostly, 6 BST might be better.
    But at that point they have gone home form work them self.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad2 View Post
    Sadly always held at a time when most sane people are in bed.
    Any chance of a bit of variation please, so a large proportion of players don't feel excluded?
    Both French and German language versions manage to hold similar events at later times.
    We try and cater to the majority while adhering to our office hours for Chat Trivia Events; the times selected are when the most players are online during that period. I understand that some players have abnormal schedules whether it be due to work (night shifts), or their location (New Zealand for example), but this really is the best way to ensure as many players can participate as possible.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    We try and cater to the majority while adhering to our office hours for Chat Trivia Events; the times selected are when the most players are online during that period. I understand that some players have abnormal schedules whether it be due to work (night shifts), or their location (New Zealand for example), but this really is the best way to ensure as many players can participate as possible.
    That is completely understood and I agree that most of the time that's the way it should be. I was suggesting that occasionally things could be shifted a bit to perhaps a late evening GMT and favoring weekend days or holidays.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I'd like to thank BB_Saqui and his fellow Mod's for providing a little light relief to the day with an interesting array of questions.

I was one of the lucky 160 easter egg winners along with 3 others from my guild

Keep up the good work
    Last edited by DaisyDuke; 13.04.17 at 13:56.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    I understand that kind of reasoning but it means that a large section of your customers are permanently excluded.
    Even if you're targeting predominantly the UK market then 3-4pm takes a lot of them out of the equation with work, school etc... and with a large representation on these servers from USA, Australia, NZ etc... there really should be some recognition of this demographic.
    France has theirs tonight at 5pm, and always has good attendance, people have a chance to get back from work and it's not too early for the large Canadian contingent to particpate.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread