Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild store

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Hi,

I wanted to try to attempt to revive this suggestion as in the past when I have looked at it I thought .. nah .. don't see the point. All that changed over the last couple of weeks though and I now feel that not only would a guild bank be desirable to the game .. but infact its essential.

My guild has 100 members. We have a lot of high levels. Many of us are resource and buildings rich. Members regularly donate resources/buildings etc to the guild store to use as the officer team sees fit. Over the last year the guild has amassed a sizable collection of buildings to be used for competitions, lotteries etc .. at the latest count we have close to 400 buildings and millions of resources - and that doesnt count all that have already been given away. Currently all is logged by one officer and they look after it. It works fine. There isn't a problem. YET.

If something were to happen with that one officer that prevented them being able to either access the game .. or they were to have a hissy fit and leave the guild all those resources would be lost. Thats too much responsibility for one member. Equally to spread it across different officers - would make administering it a logisitcal nightmare - who had what - etc.

Take some examples ...

1) If they died (sorry to be morbid) - noone else would be able to access their account - as we can't share that information with others (for understandable reasons) - anyone who did .. and logged in to it would flag up as having more than one account on the same ISP and as a result both accounts would be banned.

2) If they left the guild - they could steal from all the rest of the members - not cool.

3) If they got banned for something - that's BB punishing the whole guild membership - also not fair.

If as has been suggested earlier in this thread the guild set up an extra account for officers to access to store stuff .. thats breaching the rules and all of them could be banned. Equally having one account in the guild as a guild mule even if it was allowed .. would have to remain inactive .. affecting GQ completion.

This would mean the only method that could work would be to have a guild bank feature added to the game as there is in many other community based games. I have already spoken to other guild leaders on Northisle and on other servers and there seems to be strong support for this facility amongst large guilds in particular.

It could be:-

It has to be a special building such as the guild house, and could be upgraded to increase its storage capacity.
    All members to have the ability to deposit items in it.
    Guild leader could have amongst admin tasks the ability to set who can change guild bank settings - either just the guild leader to decide who can withdraw from it .. or officers too or even whole guild.
    Some resources could be set as free for all - anyone can take any amount (stone/planks) Some resources could be limited and locked unless a member has been allocated an amount to take. It might seem like a lot of work .. but compared to the admin already involved with one person having it all .. its not more effort at all. And with the admin tools and succession list already within guild tools the beginnings of a way to solve this issue already appear to be in game.

So please BB reconsider this and how to attempt to incorporate some sort of solution to this potential problem.

Thanks

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    good idea

could use the guildhouse building as once you got the guild to 100 there is no more use except to swap leader.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    This would help all types of guilds and should be looked into.... please, please please.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1
    Some tab storage system that's based on access rights might be good system to luckydiddy's idea stated above.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Fully agree.

Edit: We have a player in the guild who is suddenly no longer active and really worrying, his facebook wall doesn't any activity since.
    While I was playing World of Warcraft, we also lost two players in a few years: car accident (guy was back with huge mental difficulties then died 2-3 weeks later of the consequences. Another from a hunt accident two years later. these things happen.

Settlers Online is a ressource & a guild based game. The benefit of a feature allowing to manage the ressources collectively within a guild seems obvious.

Kind regards
    Chil
    Last edited by Chilperic; 16.01.18 at 13:32.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    You got the point, i think this should be considered. Totally agree

SamuelThorn
    Sounds reasonable to me, so +1.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Simply shocking no one have thought of this before, this is a huge improvement, and an issue that could destroy game happiness and loose players if not dealt with.. so fiks guild bank asap...

Reply to Thread