Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild store

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1
    I agree this would be a great idea saving a considerable amount of work for officers and add transparency. This in turn removes any doubts anyone may have about individuals which can cause conflict.
    I would suggest that everyone who has access to it should have a small building or something so that if any did leave the game for whatever reason, the bank can still be accessed by other members, but that it must be linked with the guild so that a leaver can't move the contents.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydiddy View Post
    If something were to happen with that one officer that prevented them being able to either access the game .. or they were to have a hissy fit and leave the guild all those resources would be lost. Thats too much responsibility for one member. Equally to spread it across different officers - would make administering it a logisitcal nightmare - who had what - etc.
    So basically you are asking for a solution to a problem you artificially create by yourself, by accumulating in-game wealth in hands of someone you dont know you can trust, even though its completely unnecessary.

Guild bank was already introduced and was quickly removed from the test server, for 2 main reasons :

- it served no real purpose because all the buildings/ resources you have you can exchange freely through trade without a need to accumulate it anywhere beforehand in order to do the exact same thing
    - while not giving any actual advantage, it imposes a requirement to create in-game mechanisms to protect the resources (eg. limited access to some players etc) and other things that are otherwise not needed if you make use of what the game provides already (because right now noone can rob you of the resources you have unless they trick you into trading them).

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1 brilliant idea, needs doing soon

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    As someone who holds a pile of buildings as well as several million resources on behalf of a guild I for one would be glad of some sort of system that made things 'safer' for everyone, and reduced the 'paperwork' keeping track of everything so I can differentiate between my own piles and the mountains belonging to the guild. A conservative estimate of the value of the buildings I hold for the guild is a little short of 9 million gold coins, this seems wrong on so many levels and cannot be sensible. It might be a self created problem but please note it was around 10 million at the end of the christmas event, so its not as if we hang onto things needlessly forever, we have a large turnover.

If you are in a large successful guild running many guild events it is completely necessary to store stuff somewhere. You have to accumulate in advance, you cannot for example run a lottery with many prizes for many members if you do not have the prizes in advance. You cannot have bits and pieces held by x y and z. or suddenly go out and buy 10 advanced deerstalkers on trade.

If you are in a guild with a large number of members covering many time zones and lots of high level players who like to help but prefer that help to be given out centrally so its fair on everyone you cannot really have bits and pieces stored here and there.

Okay so perhaps this is a 'first world' problem it is possible to manage without, we manage, it isnt necessary, but sorry sparkz but it IS needed. Guilds are a big part of the game, trading is a big part of the game, building an economy is a big part of the game. Guilds are encouraged and some sort of structuring to help them function would be good ... It is about FAR FAR more than just protecting resources, and its not all about trust, I recently lost internet, a friend got suspended,real life jumps in when unexpected.

Far too many eggs in one basket- maybe a problem of our own making, but BB Please help me before I am crushed by them all metaphorically if not physically.
    Last edited by stonewaller; 16.01.18 at 14:40.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I do think that this is a great idea. I have played other games in the past where this is done, I think it would benefit a few guilds, also all players in the long run too.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    So basically you are asking for a solution to a problem you artificially create by yourself, by accumulating in-game wealth in hands of someone you dont know you can trust, even though its completely unnecessary.

Guild bank was already introduced and was quickly removed from the test server, for 2 main reasons :

- it served no real purpose because all the buildings/ resources you have you can exchange freely through trade without a need to accumulate it anywhere beforehand in order to do the exact same thing
    - while not giving any actual advantage, it imposes a requirement to create in-game mechanisms to protect the resources (eg. limited access to some players etc) and other things that are otherwise not needed if you make use of what the game provides already (because right now noone can rob you of the resources you have unless they trick you into trading them).
    Not at all .. the player who looks after them I trust completely - otherwise they wouldn't have the stuff in the first place... However despite this there is no accounting for when illness etc can happen ... and even best friends will fall out from time to time.

The issue is that anything can happen to that one person. If it does .. guild loses everything. If you spread it across different people .. its a logistical nightmare ... any current work arounds would fall for one reason or another as being against terms and conditions of playing.

If something happens to a guild leader for example there is a system in game to deal with that. After 2 weeks of the guild leader being inactive the succession list kicks in till a new leader with a guild house on theirisland is found.

Most guilds have some resources they keep for various reasons - helping new members - competitions etc and will gladly accept donations from their members especially for unwanted buildings in events.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydiddy View Post
    If you spread it across different people .. its a logistical nightmare ...
    Why would you spread it across multiple players when you can just keep your stuff in your star menu waiting to be used ?

Its not like new players are coming in on hourly basis and you need to keep track on who has the buildings/ resources they need in real time.

Star menu has infinite capacity, if you want to help someone you can send them a metric ton of whatever they need at the time and in most cases you wont have to do it again for months.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Why would you spread it across multiple players when you can just keep your stuff in your star menu waiting to be used ?

Its not like new players are coming in on hourly basis and you need to keep track on who has the buildings/ resources they need in real time.

Star menu has infinite capacity, if you want to help someone you can send them a metric ton of whatever they need at the time and in most cases you wont have to do it again for months.
    Well this would explain perfectly why ...

Stonewaller wrote

As someone who holds a pile of buildings as well as several million resources on behalf of a guild I for one would be glad of some sort of system that made things 'safer' for everyone, and reduced the 'paperwork' keeping track of everything so I can differentiate between my own piles and the mountains belonging to the guild. A conservative estimate of the value of the buildings I hold for the guild is a little short of 9 million gold coins, this seems wrong on so many levels and cannot be sensible. It might be a self created problem but please note it was around 10 million at the end of the christmas event, so its not as if we hang onto things needlessly forever, we have a large turnover.

If you are in a large successful guild running many guild events it is completely necessary to store stuff somewhere. You have to accumulate in advance, you cannot for example run a lottery with many prizes for many members if you do not have the prizes in advance. You cannot have bits and pieces held by x y and z. or suddenly go out and buy 10 advanced deerstalkers on trade.

If you are in a guild with a large number of members covering many time zones and lots of high level players who like to help but prefer that help to be given out centrally so its fair on everyone you cannot really have bits and pieces stored here and there.

Okay so perhaps this is a 'first world' problem it is possible to manage without, we manage, it isnt necessary, but sorry sparkz but it IS needed. Guilds are a big part of the game, trading is a big part of the game, building an economy is a big part of the game. Guilds are encouraged and some sort of structuring to help them function would be good ... It is about FAR FAR more than just protecting resources, and its not all about trust, I recently lost internet, a friend got suspended,real life jumps in when unexpected.

Far too many eggs in one basket- maybe a problem of our own making, but BB Please help me before I am crushed by them all metaphorically if not physically.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1 emphatically

Reply to Thread