Thread: Guild store

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    +1, good solution to a real problem

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    There is no MMO without a Guildbank. Why can't we have one here aswell?
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    I think I've heard it was tried before and there were problems, but maybe it could be done better.
    +1 to the concept.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    We have a guild bank.....
    you can make a GB work even without the above. Once a guild is established with a firm leadership, one of the officers can 'hold' the bank for the rest of the guild.
    This is certainly true,it is the way it works at present- I would have thought for every guild that pools stuff this is more or less how they work....and is the gist of my post earlier. However I think it is missing the nub of luckydiddy's initial post... the current system is fine until something goes wrong and the stock-holder cannot get online for a period. It doesnt matter how good your system is if the goods are in an account that cannot be accessed you are stuffed. Maybe temporarily maybe permanently. I can hear people saying thats a remote chance, a few weeks ago I would have agreed but now from where I'm sitting with events going on around me nowhere near as remote as I thought.

Okay so its been tried on test etc and apparently didn't work. That doesn't mean it wouldn't work now or a new approach couldn't be made to work now. Once upon a time we had to load individual orders into the barracks 1 lot of 25 troops a time...why? because technical issues meant it couldnt be changed.....

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    having been in a guild were an officer who was bank decided to up and leave taking all said resources with him i can see the value in this, as was said even friends can fall out.

I don't think separate building needed after all Guild House could be used as Guild Bank, goes without saying need a Guild for guild bank so a separate building would not be needed. Guild leader would of course be one of those with access to the bank so we have suitable building already.

Access could be granted along the lines of gaining officer chat, leader can set who can deposit into it, can also set who can remove from it. Then as with guild should leadership change so would head of guild bank. this allows guilds to still work together and run comps/giveaways and prepare against Life or sadly death from causing to much of an issue at the loss of said leaders

so this gets a big thumbs up

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Very good idea, +1

Reply to Thread