Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild store

World
    Northisle

Guild store

Would it be possible to add some sort of place where officers could add stuff and all other officers could access them. ie.

At the moment we have to use gaudy truces to deal with the party crashers. Many of the guild can't afford/can't make them so it falls on the officers to deal with them. Now if you are about when they call for PC camp help and others never are it can cost you a load. Would be easier if there was a store where you could just get what you need and spread the load.
    Have fun!

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Already tried on the test server, there was some sort of technical issue which lead to the idea being shelved there.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    as Dorotheus says: Guild Bank has been tried at test server some years ago and didn't survive to live server

World
    Northisle
    joy
    Have fun!

qawpaw
    i collected resources for event weeks before it started.
    so that you or others cannot Afford is just, a bad excuse.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I hope it can be revived and looked at again by B.B. A Guild Bank would be great for lots of reasons.

World
    Sandycove
    If a guild bank isn't feasible, what about allowing guilds to create a single account where the officers can log into it and send/receive trades from it? Our guild likes to run a lotto and donated items coupled with the UK lotto system is how we run it. But if the person who handled it isn't online at the same time as a winning player, they could go days before receiving their items.

I know multi-accounting is forbidden, but would BB consider allowing it for that case? Maybe every guild would have to register said account with BB and a list of the officers who are allowed access or something so the admins would know that such an account isn't for the purpose of benefitting a single player.

World
    Sandycove

Question Alternative to a Guild Bank: Allowing a Guild Account

From what I have seen, the idea of a guild bank was tested and shelved, most likely due to unresolvable problems.

In lieu of such a building/ system, what if BB allowed guilds to register a Guild Account such as "Bank of [Guild Name]' that it uses as a bank/ storage. Something where guild officers can log into separately to store guild donations and send out items from, as they are needed. It would have multiple users that can access it, based on what officers the guild chooses to give the login information. I also understand that BB would not be responsible for the security of the account unless the site itself is hacked (ie: if an officer decides to steal from the bank, the account is hacked due to poor password selection/ control, or an officer logging in from an unsecured computer and not logging out).

I know there would be issues that would need to be addressed to ensure that it doesn't become a feeder account. Things like not allowing the account to level up. It can only have storehouses there. It can't be used to make resources. New guilds would probably need a waiting period before they can request and register such an account (so that players don't create a guild expressly for the purposes of cheating the system). And maybe the guild would need to have a certain number of active players before being granted permission to create such an account. Little rules like that with the understanding that BB can look into any such account at any time.

I don't know if this idea has been discussed. But I think it can be a valid way to address the need for a guild bank without having to build new code and implement it to the servers.

Anyway. Something to think about.

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 27.04.17 at 06:52.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    We have a guild bank.....

The above is one step further, but you can make a GB work even without the above. Once a guild is established with a firm leadership, one of the officers can 'hold' the bank for the rest of the guild. This is what we do. Only one person has access to it of course and has to be very careful in keeping stuff separate, but we ( well, me! ) manage it without a problem.

I log what is donated/made for the GB and also log what is paid out and to whom.
    Our system is this:
    All basic resources free up to level 35 ( I do watch how much people are asking for and point out it is assistance and not a replacement for building a good eco and learning to trade. )
    We dont give coin of any kind.
    Post L 35 players donate to the guild bank to keep it topped up for the next newcomers.
    Post L 35 we loan stuff like swords, xbows, cannon, granite etc on terms of repayment in full within a month.
    I trade some of the resources in Events in order to gather building deeds which are given in prizes in monthly guild competitions.

It works well.....so long as you can trust the person who holds the goodies.

Reply to Thread