Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jack and the Beanstalk adventure?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Perhaps final reward for the chain can be an epic barracks with subsequent unlocks similar to epic farm / evilqueen... (as also suggested in other post).

3 recruitment queues for regular/elite/colony troops where we can choose which slot makes which troops, if appropriate skills have been unlocked.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    What about the difficulty of said adventure? How long should it take, how much would you be required to commit?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    What about the difficulty of said adventure? How long should it take, how much would you be required to commit?
    I think it could be a good fill up for after lvl 63.

And in this case it should be a very difficult. People who are on lvl 63 and above have a good economy and can deal with big loss. And also have a big population so enough troops for a big and difficult adventure. For this ofcourse there will be a good amount of XP earned.

Being a difficult big adventure it would cost some hours to play (if you mean this with how long should it take)

BB_Saqui what do you mean with "how much would you be required to commit"

Only think to figure out with starting above lvl 63 is that if there are drops from the loot to get the buffs i suggested they also should start dropping when a player reaches lvl 63...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MeneerHepatica View Post
    BB_Saqui what do you mean with "how much would you be required to commit"
    I meant in terms of a number of troops in order to complete it, averagely speaking of course. Let me know your ideas behind it!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I would prefer to see something that suits more people... not entirely worked it out in my head tho

Extra variety in addies for lower-levels (35-48) would be welcome so they don't have to do the same over and over.. at the same time we definitely need more advanced addies in style with evil-queen for +63..

The combination of this should not be entirely impossible... lower-loss adventures in the chain that allow you to unlock a first training queue with regular units up to a certain level, say for example longbowmen. Mid-loss adventures that allow you to unlock a second queue up to for example Swordsmen. Third range of adventures with high losses (harder than evil-queen) allowing you to unlock a third queue with final unit production capacity.

Not entirely sure how you're going to put 3 tiers into 1 beanstalk plant... but perhaps the maximum height of the plant can be linked to the players level? (Meaning the plant dies faster for low levellers, allowing it to be replanted sooner and at lower cost)
    For players that are already high-level BB has the choice to program it that we can choose which plant to grow, or to simply allow all unit types to be unlocked by the big plant... queues opening up at 1st, 2nd and 3rd respective run-through of the chain.

If its all 1 plant (and not 3 different ones) then the first growth-stages would give very simple addies to be completed. Maybe boring for high-level players but at the same time such a simple effort that maybe it won't bother high-level players... we'll just fly through them and on to the next.. the end reward is worth it after all.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Talking about an adventure for higher lvl's where the players have a good running economy and a high population i would think about high loses. Maybe even more the 5K elite troops. That would be more then loses now in the heaviest adventures.

Ofcourse with such high loses the xp reward should also be really good to get the right balans.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    The reward in the loot has to be worth playing for! The young woodcutter can be played within an hour (losses: only about 150 Mounted Swordsman) and gives (with premium) about 200k xp (or more with Fast Learner). So if you will give about the same experience for 5k elite troops losses, that will be 7M xp and that's too much, I think.

For new adventures for higher levels you have to use only elite troops and no normal troops, so the losses will be higher. No cheap first waves, this way we have to use knights and swordsman or even the armored and mounted marksman.

In my opinion these are good ideas! Hopefully they can be implied in some way in the future.

Reply to Thread