Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Geologists auto building of deposits

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    sorry to have sounded off i'm not too well at the moment and it makes me irritable i can only apologise, i shall try in detail to respond.

click on your geologist in the usual way, then when you choose the deposit you have a choice whether to hunt for deposit only or to hunt and construct, maybe a target location to re search could be implemented in that case then a simple search and build using building replacement, in either case all things can be solved. why would anyone choose to do a search overnight simply does not make any sense to me but to each their own.

in the image here each geologist already has its own popup which is what i am building from http://prntscr.com/ex0gdv

in this instance i am choosing to explore for a coal deposit and build automatically, however if i had a industrial coal mine then that option would pop up and allow me to chose or not to use it.

please take this on board and lets see if this can be worked on again instead of crashing it help to improve on the idea to make it work for you as well as for others

i redone the graphic to show the other options...

http://prntscr.com/exic7v
    Last edited by Nightdancer; 17.04.17 at 16:56.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok so you have addressed the which geologist issue but there are still 4 issues which will put players off.

1 Mine level.
    2 Deposit speed.
    3 Deposit size.
    4 Mine un-buffed.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    mine level, deposit size and speed is not applicable because by default is level 1, length of journey to storehouse and size is dependent on what the geologist is finding, also buffing is optional which cancells that out as well

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Apart from copper there is no default deposit size, it depends where it is on the map. The bigger ones are up-to 60% larger before you factor in skills.

When I say speed I mean regular or fast deposits and that's a chance of skill, nothing to do with walk time.

Given the cost of building certain mines buffing is not optional.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 17.04.17 at 20:31.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    oh beg pardon, i didn't know that thank you for the insight

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    How would you like to assign for example an industrial iron mine to a specific deposit then when the geologist finds it it auto build the ind mine? naturally the default of this action would be zzz'ing and of course if you do not have the item in question then gems would be used to purchase the building in question.

but in the long run with the assigning and auto build it can leave players to be able to get to the bones of the game and adventure off, after all it auto builds the stone and marble mines by default, so why not the other mines???

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Industrial mines are obtainable from Venture loot drops, you can't buy them with gems. There is also the problem that while you can find deposits at a certain level you may have to be a higher level to run the Ventures to obtain the industrial mines. I my self can find all deposits but I'm too low a level to run the Ventures to acquire Salt and Tit industrial mines.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    which is why there are multiple building options which will depend on whether or not you have the building in your star menu

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Are you sure you dont want BB to play for you. lol

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    not exactly fair qaw-paw i would rather go off adventuring and let my island be sorted out with the fewest of clicks

Reply to Thread