Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Geologists auto building of deposits

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Geologists auto building of deposits

Hi at the moment we send out our geologists, when they return we have to hunt all over our islands to find where the deposit is then build the mine, can we please incorporate the building in with the searching please so for example to locate a coal mine you should have to pay 200 hardwood planks, 200 marble and 150 tools then the geologist goes out hunting then when found he builds it which can only be a blessing if you have a packed island and cannot see the deposits sitting there empty.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    That's a terrible idea.

1) It will take away control for me as to where mines are built, then I still have to hunt down the mine to level it up and buff it? What about all the stuff I send out overnight which will have mines that work unbuffed and I lose loads of production? I "farm" quick copper deposits, this would make that unbearably compliated, not to mention waste loads of resource tearing down mines I didn't want.
    2) I may not want to autobuild stuff on depostis, quest ask me to find gold deposit. Now it costs me loads of resources to find one? Ummm? How do I keep deposits in reserve? I may only want to use certain well positioned deposits.
    3) How on earth do you imagine I am to place any of the special mines on a deposit if automatially puts something don't want there?
    4) So now we can't search for deposits if we don't have free building licenses too? That's not going to be helpful.

So yea, this would massively distrupt the smooth functioning of lots of players islands. So like -12 from me. Doesn't solve issues so much as creates loads of new ones.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I very much agree - with SnowBlizz!

but another way to solve Nightdancers problem would be:

when a geologist returns home it (most of the times at least) causes a pop-up telling the result, if its a positive result clicking on that pop-up will center your screen on the newly found deposit

... so IF that pop-up was changed to a mail-event (but keeping the center-screen effect) then problem would be solved

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    or at least a tick to select this option if wanted

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    That's a terrible idea.

1) It will take away control for me as to where mines are built, then I still have to hunt down the mine to level it up and buff it? What about all the stuff I send out overnight which will have mines that work unbuffed and I lose loads of production? I "farm" quick copper deposits, this would make that unbearably compliated, not to mention waste loads of resource tearing down mines I didn't want.
    2) I may not want to autobuild stuff on depostis, quest ask me to find gold deposit. Now it costs me loads of resources to find one? Ummm? How do I keep deposits in reserve? I may only want to use certain well positioned deposits.
    3) How on earth do you imagine I am to place any of the special mines on a deposit if automatially puts something don't want there?
    4) So now we can't search for deposits if we don't have free building licenses too? That's not going to be helpful.

So yea, this would massively distrupt the smooth functioning of lots of players islands. So like -12 from me. Doesn't solve issues so much as creates loads of new ones.
    all of this is resolved by not changing the current "green tick" button with "search" function but adding a new button next to it with "search&build" function. the new button may or may not (in the case of not it would require a popup on hover) have a confirmation dialog box stating the cost after clicked.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Log in to find 20k Granite and 20k Exotic planks wasted, no thanks I'd rather go swimming in the nearest pig sty. Besides I don't like the potential 17k gems new players would feel they need to spend.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 16.04.17 at 11:08.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I have a full island but never have trouble finding the deposits maybe because they're always in the same place. This idea to me is like the auto rebuild of wells and fields suggested before. these are the daily things we all have to do to keep our stuff working so if ya want it u gotta put in the effort not much point in a game that plays itself

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    ok no need to be nasty about it, how about saying instead something like this... good idea but what about clicking on the deposit and have a popup to say re search location then with the option of auto rebuild or place building on it, or have an option to locate only. im so sorry i dont have the perfect island some people profess to have and im also only trying to help make this game a little less click click click.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Your suggestion still does not address the issue of which geologist to send out.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The idea is nice but because a lot of issues, sadly I can't say +1, but -1 , I know it is really annoying do same research + build for mines, I don't care about resources, but, the problem I'm always search about all deposit, build all mines, then lvl them to lvl 2 or 3, and buff them, also maybe I activate mining guide, otherwise, the timing for buffs and guide will not be optimal.

You will see just remove "green tick" and do whatever I want, I can say, then it will make more complex:
    1. which geo will send? what if geo was busy?
    2. where to put this green tick if I want only to rebuild like a coal mines, but exclude titanium mines, and so on.
    3. this maybe will add more steps to just search in manual old mode?
    4. what if I do wait for specific skill like Mineshafts (copper, gold and coal mines got it) so we want auto destruction and search and build??

so -1
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 17.04.17 at 13:01.
    Hello People

Reply to Thread