Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: guild quest (items being asked for that cant be produced by that player yet)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

guild quest (items being asked for that cant be produced by that player yet)

Now im not sure if this is a bug or not and if not please feel free to move this to the relevant section

But i have recently leveled up to 46 thanks to the Easter quests but my first guild quest after the eggs are replaced with the good old guild coins is asking me to pay up 40 cannons and to top us a meat deposit with 3200 meat.

Now the meat i ain't got issues with as i could do that without breaking a sweat but anyone who played the settlers for a long time knows that a player can only produce cannons at level 48 or higher and to be honest players under 48 like myself might only have a couple hundred if not less than that lurking in our store from when we got some random trade or along those line.

Now i know people will be saying you can trade for them but that could be a large cost against a small net gain or loss when you balance out the items/coins/materials you had to trade to get x amount of cannons to then use to get x amount of guild coin.

the other issues with this is that a player could be dissuaded from doing this type of quest because cannons are to valuable to simply be used for GQ that could pop up two or three times very quickly, meaning they are contributing less to their guild when they may not want to or a very active guild my remove them for not participating.

If this is a bug it might need to be looked at as it doesnt take into account the players level to be able to produce these items, if not its somewhat unfair to be pressing players to provide items they cant actually make themselves or force them to trade or give away there small stock of what is a valuable late game items for some guild coins

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Any decent guild will either make allowances for quests players are not high enough to complete or they will have mechanisms in place to help those players.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Any decent guild will either make allowances for quests players are not high enough to complete or they will have mechanisms in place to help those players.
    i know good guilds will do what they can to help members out but there will be guilds which don't or run a hard line stance on people who dont complete GQ's. But the point is quests should be achievable for a player and be appropriate for there level and should expect a player to provide something they cant already make

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sonik0578 View Post
    i know good guilds will do what they can to help members out but there will be guilds which don't or run a hard line stance on people who dont complete GQ's. But the point is quests should be achievable for a player and be appropriate for there level and should expect a player to provide something they cant already make
    I appreciate your point, but I must point out again they are not mandatory. Ignore those you think are too expensive or unreasonable.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    my explores comes in with that described.
    so i cant see how that should be a problem.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaw-Paw View Post
    my explores comes in with that described.
    so i cant see how that should be a problem.
    Your adventures/explorers come back with cannons?
    Last edited by Fuseboy; 20.04.17 at 17:10.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    must be a bug....or double check to see if you can build a cannon forge :-)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I appreciate your point, but I must point out again they are not mandatory. Ignore those you think are too expensive or unreasonable.
    thats certainly one way to do things but it doesn't help improve the system or make it fair on the players. Whos to say you get a run of nothing but quests asking for cannons and gunpoweder do you just ignore the quests completely till you level up to be able to get cannons, but then get stuck again because the quests are then asking for mahogany wood or platinum swords? if this is a bug it needs to be fixed and if not it needs to be rebalanced to be fair on players.

Quote Originally Posted by pauantbro View Post
    must be a bug....or double check to see if you can build a cannon forge :-)
    I defo cant build them as its the first thing i checked when i saw the quest as i would love some cannoniers to help out on adventures

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    This has been a source of much complaint in the past, particularly since the loot rebalancing a couple of years ago. Before that, we used to be able to get weapons in adventure loot and most players already had a sizeable stock of cannons by the time they unlocked the cannon forge. Since that was changed, I have seen many players reach level 46 and then express incredulity at being expected to pay resources they can't make yet. The number of times I have seen it complained about on this forum pales in comparison to the sheer number of incidences I have seen in game chat.

When the guild quests were reworked, some time later, I was hopeful that this side effect of the loot rebalancing would be addressed, but was not entirely surprised when it wasn't. Yes, I know it is possible to work things so that higher levels within a guild can provide to those who can't make the stuff for themselves, but there are plenty of players out there that are, for several different reasons, reluctant to ask for that kind of assistance.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I offcause meant elite resources .i never in 3 years had 1 guild quest for for cannons.. and never will

Reply to Thread