Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mobile platforms

World
    Newfoundland

Mobile platforms

Well, I asked this question 4 years ago on Heroes Online forum, but I would like to ask it again here. Do you have any plan to run this game, and any web-based games of BB, on mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets? Nowadays, mobile devices are more popular and strong enough to run heavy-taxed games. I'm sure it will make the games more popular; and for me, I can manage my island anywhere.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 26.04.17 at 15:11.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Load Puffin browser and you can play on smart phones and tablets

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    Well, I asked this question 5 years ago on Heroes Online forum, but I would like to ask it again here. Do you have any plan to run this game, and any web-based games of BB, on mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets? Nowadays, mobile devices are more popular and strong enough to run heavy-taxed games. I'm sure it will make the games more popular; and for me, I can manage my island anywhere.
    Thanks for your interest! At the time being, we have no plans to bring "The Settlers Online" to mobiles via a dedicated app, but we certainly value people expressing their desire for it. As Lordloocan suggested, there are unofficial ways of playing the game via smartphones and/or tablets - however since it isn't supported, your experience may vary.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    For android tablets you can have a usb mouse attached to it (called OTG cable) :

Hello People

World
    Newfoundland
    Many thanks for the advice. I'm sorry for bothering to ask one more question. Does anyone know if there is a network adapter for Android (Samsung) smartphone and tablet?

I found this, but it can't be used for my smartphone and tablet.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 26.04.17 at 07:17.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    What are you trying to do with your smartphone?

World
    Newfoundland
    I can play Settlers Online with Puffin browser on my smart phone now. However, the Internet service on my smart phone is not so great, so I wonder if I can somehow use the ethernet cable at my home for it.

I don't even know if it's possible, I just wonder if there is a cable to connect my router to my smartphone.

Last edited by Syltom1; 26.04.17 at 11:54.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can play Settlers Online with Puffin browser on my smart phone now. However, the Internet service on my smart phone is not so great, so I wonder if I can somehow use the ethernet cable at my home for it.

I don't even know if it's possible, I just wonder if there is a cable to connect my router to my smartphone.

Your smartphone should support wireless capabilities to connect to your router via Wi-Fi, no?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Your smartphone should support wireless capabilities to connect to your router via Wi-Fi, no?
    Yeah, unfortunately, I don't have WiFi or WLAN in my dorm. We are provided only an Internet socket on the wall and connect with a cable to computer.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 26.04.17 at 12:06.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah, unfortunately, I don't have WiFi or WLAN in my dorm. We are provided only an Internet socket and connect with a cable to computer.
    Ah I see, that's a shame. May I ask if you're required to "log in" to your dorms internet (most likely via a proxy)?

Reply to Thread