Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changes (buffs) to Nusala

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Boost marksman bonus so the troop type is actually useful, as they currently seem pointless in most scenarios. Alternatively, boost mounted marksman by an amount so she isnt insanely strong (as that troop type already is) but becomes a viable option for some attacks.
    I confess its very hard to balance, but i think making an 'elite' exclusive marksman/bow type of skill could be implemented to add variety, without it being too strong.
    I think woody is making some good suggestions, be good to hear other peoples ideas too, but we do need to be mindful of the fact that looking at the current skills on test Vargus and Anslem look like they will gain more of an edge. Thats not even considering how fast people can do even basic ali/tailor guides with test skills, as any vets can become MGs, and MGs turn into Super Major generals lol
    Major generals are what generally determine speed most regulars do addys as they are the best general (with tav general being no2 for blocking purpose imo) and do not own large number of mmas or have generals in large enough quantity to do them 10-15 general blocks from spawn etc.
    Obviously when your at that point, and have access to that resource and firepower, the largest benefit of skill tree will prob be bonus xp/travel times to addy.
    Excilsor means we level faster as new players so getting to lvl 50-60 and the juicy stuff can take 6 months if you chose, so nusala could become redundant pretty fast without a small amount of tuning. The MMA already suffers from this. She is awesome at what she currently does, i just see no incentive to buy her now which is kinda sad, as i dont care about saving costs of recs or militia (by using her with bows on easy adventures). Hopefully we can find or promote a dif option.
    John the Don A.K.A OHNO_IMAPENCIL

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Saying Nusala is underwhelming sorta misses the point of her, IMNSHO, or you had a very slanted view oif what she was about. (I know Anslem didn't seem veyr good on paper, but he's grown on me a lot over time) In fact if I could *buy* every Nusala off the "haters" I would gladly do so, and profit immensely from having done so. Though after the 10th Nusala or so I guess it'd lose it's charm a bit. For thos eof us not lucky enough to have found the game early on and now sitting on 6 MMAs she e.g. helps on a number of Ali B's where the guide makers helpfully assume everyone playing this game ever started in 2012.

Yea, she's not a straight up attacker general on Ali B's. So what? She is however a superb ...
    Does Vargus or Anslem behave like suiciders? I think not. This is what gets to me. You can't utilize Nusala for the most part without making her do a suicide run. Many attacks that the other two champions make leave them and a few troops of theirs alive. This doesn't happen with Nusala for the majority of times. I hope that there could be a change to her that addresses this. What's more: How many times can you utilize her during one Ali adventure? Once? Twice? Compare that to Vargus or Anslem. They get used more than a couple times in one addy. Yes, she can save many troops by doing sacs, but so can the other two, without dying. The fact that you can save troops using any of the three champions makes this discrepancy an issue.
    Last edited by Fireman_Woody; 29.04.17 at 07:16.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Or maybe you will replace Cannoneers with Crossbows due to 'splash damage' and 'normal initiative' instead of 'last attack'.

All 3 Champions have their Special Skills and Nusala is doing her work where fitting in.

As doing a mix of FT/AB I find her very attractive and very often more useful than Anslem.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    Or maybe you will replace Cannoneers with Crossbows due to 'splash damage' and 'normal initiative' instead of 'last attack'.
    All 3 Champions have their Special Skills and Nusala is doing her work where fitting in.
    As doing a mix of FT/AB I find her very attractive and very often more useful than Anslem.
    More useful than Anslem? Do tell. Yeah sure, she does her job well, that is killing stuff and then dying afterwards. Anslem and Vargus don't die after they've killed stuff, why should Nusala then? I don't know how slowly you play the game, but I'd rather have a champion that I can use on one camp after another, once the attack is done. With Nusala you almost constantly have to wait 2 hours afterwards to use her again. That is poor performance! Even with the upcoming skill tree, you'd have to wait 1 hour and a few minutes between her attacks. That's simply outrageous.
    Also. If I wanted crossbowmen instead of cannoneers, why would I choose Nusala over Major Generals? The notion of using XB means there are no flanking bandits. The only reason would be I want to use her to first clear the weaker bandits, and then use another general to finish the camp. AGAIN, she dies. Currently I see no situation where Nusala, -without another general's help, would kill a camp with bowmen flanking. Bowmen attack 2nd, so most bandits will be able to attack her army while the bowmen are clearing the weakest bandits. While this does mean in certain situations you will save troops, you pay that with time, which is a terrible tradeoff in my opinion.

Reply to Thread