Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 16.05.2017

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydions_heir View Post
    Why have all the buttons changed? It's bad enough having to wait all day to finish the adv you started last night, but then you can't find the button you want when you're sending a complicated block attack!
    Count yourself lucky, we had the "guinea pig" version a week ago on French servers and all sorts of weird stuff went on, only got patched yesterday at the same time it landed here, meanwhile the Germans will just get the "clean" version in about an hour from now.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    We conduct the update between these times as it's the time where the least amount of players are playing. Additionally, we need staff onsite to oversee the update being applied, and if we were to stagger the time every 6 hours per update, that would lead to having to have staff in overnight. We can't account for every timezone; the best we can do is just make it easier for the majority. I know this might not be the answer you're looking for, but that's why we conduct it at these times.
    The stats might say that there's the fewest playerson at this time, but that doesn't mean it's also the least impact.
    The general feeling amongst the longer serving players is that the old late morning/lunchtime maintenance time caused the least inconvenience.
    But once again, you seem to have glossed over the fact that for those of us in a later timezone, notice was too minimal for us to take precautions.
    There's a similar problem with the Guild Quests nowadays, since they got set to start at an abritray time us night owls are having to cancel many because completing the quest will take more time than there is before the next day's quest replaces it. Couple that with the large number of "out of level" quests and there's not many left that we can actually complete.

Update:
    Just discovered that the german update started an hour earlier than expected, bang goes another week's login bonus and a day's worth of explorer searches.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 17.05.17 at 05:52.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    The stats might say that there's the fewest playerson at this time, but that doesn't mean it's also the least impact. The general feeling amongst the longer serving players is that the old late morning/lunchtime maintenance time caused the least inconvenience.
    But once again, you seem to have glossed over the fact that for those of us in a later timezone, notice was too minimal for us to take precautions.
    No matter when the update is applied, there will always be some players who are affected more than others, even if you shifted said window into the late morning/lunchtime. Even for players who reside in the UK, there are those who work night shifts or have other reasons for having their active playing time in the morning. There isn't a solution here where everybody wins; just where the majority does.

As for notice, it is safe to assume that whenever an update is coming, it will occur on a Tuesday between 7am-11am BST (an hour earlier when Daylight Savings is over). Though bear in mind that while this is the normal method for when we conduct our updates, changes in times/dates can occur, but we'll do our best to communicate those if and when that happens.

minoreva
    I love most of the updates-especially skills and more gens,Thanks so much for that

What I dislike is the huge clock placed on time/date at epic items like gems and 1 day prem,cant see how long I have to wait for the next

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Er...when I go to top up a deposit from star...it is set to the max already.....I dont like this and think its not supposed to happen. Makes more sense to start at 1, not 56799....
    Agreed. My vote goes to reversing this horrible "upgrade"!!!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    since this update
    When putting out deposit from the star menu onto a mine etc on my Island the deposit is now set at the Full amount this means if you do not set it fully you end up putting the whole lot onto one mine or where ever you put it . Whereas before it was set to Zero and i moved it up to amount i wanted to put out.

Please can you put this BACK to starting at Zero. makes things much easier.
    thank you

World
    Northisle
    Were you going to ever add 1?

You always needed to adjust the slider anyway. Now however when you add resources gained from the excelsior you don't need too. I like it.
    Have fun!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget1 View Post
    Were you going to ever add 1?

You always needed to adjust the slider anyway. Now however when you add resources gained from the excelsior you don't need too. I like it.
    If someone wants to add most/all of their stack when the default is one and an accident happens due to glitchy interface/lag/etc. and they only add 1 from their stack they can just select the stack again and retry.

If someone needs to add a relatively low amount compared to their stack and the default is set at max then there is no way to undo a similar accident when the whole stack gets added by mistake.

I came a cropper from this within hours of the update coming online and added over 100k to a stone deposit due to a lag-induced glitch, when I only intended to add a few hundred. If it had been something more valuable than stone, I would have been well narked off!

World
    Northisle
    Prolly a way to clear star. Personally I don't like to hoard loads of stuff in star and there is prolly loads of lag from the server having to count all that resource when opening star anyway. So I look forward to many mistakes and a faster running game.
    Have fun!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget1 View Post
    Prolly a way to clear star. Personally I don't like to hoard loads of stuff in star and there is prolly loads of lag from the server having to count all that resource when opening star anyway. So I look forward to many mistakes and a faster running game.
    I don't like to keep loads of stuff in star either, but I do like to keep a decent stock of refills to hand, especially meat and fish for when GQs require them to be placed, but also marble and stone for during vacation and other times when I foresee having limited time available for island maintenance. I had built up that stock ready for going away on holiday in a couple of weeks' time... such a pain in the backside that a change was made that invites the possibility of non-reversible mistakes, even more so when the change was not documented in the change log and caught me completely on the hop.

On the whole, I am very pleased by the update. However, this change is anything but user-friendly, in my opinion, and would like to see it reversed in future.

Reply to Thread