Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 16.05.2017

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Grrr. I am so fed up! This change was not mentioned in advance, has not been discussed and is totally pointless and useless.
    Loads of people are going to be adding tons of stuff at a time by mistake. WHY have you done this.
    Whereas I am really pleased with that change. Everyone will have different views on changes.

BUT, I agree totally on discussion and advance notice.

World
    Northisle
    3 hr hotfix, the whole update was 4hrs ish
    Have fun!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why have all the buttons changed? It's bad enough having to wait all day to finish the adv you started last night, but then you can't find the button you want when you're sending a complicated block attack!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    thanks to the time taken for the update and maintenance I have lost my daily bonus and will have to start again!.......couldn't care less about the improvements and stuff I want my gems!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    thanks to the time taken for the update and maintenance I have lost my daily bonus and will have to start again!.......couldn't care less about the improvements and stuff I want my gems!
    Please contact our Support Team regarding this, as they should be able to help you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    The point I was making about the French server, is that if it already had the update, then it also had it's downtime. You don't seem to understand that.

I didn't say that adding stuff are not updates, I NEVER said that. I was talking about WEEKLY maintenance, which YOU call updates, but are not adding stuff at all. This new patch is NOT part of a weekly system, they are NOT adding stuff WEEKLY. Are you starting to get the point now, or do you need it simplified?

Hint: again, you don't understand the difference between updates and maintenance.

Btw, which "other" companies are you talking about? Blizzard has weekly maintenance, but can sometimes be done with servers online. Sometimes they have so-called hotfixes, which usually requires servers to restart. But when they have updates, like the latest patch 7.2., they most certainly have downtimes too. Most other online game companies have a similar system, and they ALL have downtimes.

And last, for me TSO most certainly is a casual game, it all depends on how you play. And in almost every single other game (and especially MMOs), you can say the same: if you miss a game session, you miss out on something, because whatever you do in any such game, it's a progress. The opposite of "casual" is "hardcore", and that's at least NOT what I personally consider TSO to be.
    The point I made with the update having been done on the French server, is that the update have been tested and implemented, and thus doing it on this server should be easier. This has absolutely nothing to do with wether I understand or don't understand that the French server have had its downtime as well. I don't play there, but I do assume that they have downtime there as well. Where you get the idea that I think the French server does not have dontime I don't know, I never insinuated it, and I certainly never said it.

And you ask what other games. As far as I know, we are not allowed to mention other games or companies, so unless I get permission from BB I will not name other games or companies on the forum.

But I play two other multiplayer flash-based games, one of them adds at least one new event with seperate quest-lines, materials and buildings, every month, in scope these are comparable to the events in TSO, and are added during the regular Tuesday update, with no downtime. On the Tuesdays where new events does not start, the game recieves 3-4 new quests with associed unique areas and new content like buildings, decorations, and sometimes materials, again this is done with no downtime. So yes, I am talking updates not maintanence.

The other game adds new content, bugfixes, gamplay changes, and every now and again an event with new quests and achievements, all done during the monday update, with no downtime. So again I'm talking updates not maintanence.

Yes both games do have downtime a few times a year, but that's mostly when there are some hardware or infrastructure issues that needs fixing. The first of the two have not had downtime due to an update one single time for over a year, the other have had one the past year.
    Last edited by mbvdk; 16.05.17 at 16:40. Reason: correcting a typo

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    Er...when I go to top up a deposit from star...it is set to the max already.....I dont like this and think its not supposed to happen. Makes more sense to start at 1, not 56799....
    +1

World
    Northisle
    Has there been any chance to buying nukes?, seem to be a lock now ad very hard to see timer.
    Have fun!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe it is just me, but from what I have seen whit all the new stuff from this last update, I like it all Nice job, TSO team

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNina View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but from what I have seen whit all the new stuff from this last update, I like it all Nice job, TSO team
    +1

Reply to Thread