Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Science

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr1448 View Post
    first-aid returns so few troops anyway that its probably only usefull as a filler for tavern gens to be able to teach them navigation
    you might think that, then examine a general doing multiple camp attacks getting 9% of your troops back opens up new possibilities.

If you do a lot of adventures I would seriously get your calculator out and do a rough estimate of what 9% of your bronze sword / platinum sword, brew and breadmen ( if you use them) works out to be over a year.

To the OP consider Fast learner on MG (3/3) and either 2/3 or 3/3 in confident leader (dropping weekly maintenance and master planner), push blocking generals up to Garrison annex.

From a personal perspective I cannot see the point in Navigation crash course in any general other than ls general and taverns. Unless you don't block then it might be worthwhile.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 14.05.17 at 03:41.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    you might think that, then examine a general doing multiple camp attacks getting 9% of your troops back opens up new possibilities.

If you do a lot of adventures I would seriously get your calculator out and do a rough estimate of what 9% of your bronze sword / platinum sword, brew and breadmen ( if you use them) works out to be over a year.
    I also think its pretty good and currently plan to skill everyone with it meaning regardless which guide I use or what other skills have I will save ~9% of the total losses. It's a significant amount of resources and barracks time when ie. calculated in Evil Queen chain total losses. It's also pretty fast and cheap skill to get to all gens since I can make the books to max it for ~5 generals per day.

From a personal perspective I cannot see the point in Navigation crash course in any general other than ls general and taverns. Unless you don't block then it might be worthwhile.
    This depends of the play style but especially during events its pretty good with small advs as you save roughly ~14 minutes per adventure (to and from adv). It's a significant amount when chaining adventure runs while running on a 1d premium.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr1448 View Post
    first-aid returns so few troops anyway that its probably only usefull as a filler for tavern gens to be able to teach them navigation
    Correct. FA only as a filler to get to Nav for TVGs - Juggernaught and Rapid Fire may upset blocks, so you can truly only use FA and Jog for manus for TVGs.

...and to be fair, TVGs rarely have any losses as they are Block gens only for me. Once you have enough suicide BHGs/Vets, that is.
    Last edited by djnelson99; 15.05.17 at 06:45.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    To the OP consider Fast learner on MG (3/3) and either 2/3 or 3/3 in confident leader (dropping weekly maintenance and master planner), push blocking generals up to Garrison annex.
    Perhaps for lower levels. I should be L75 by September if all goes well. TO have FL would be a waste for me.

...That said..... if BB ever raises L75 to Lxxx, I'd want FL on all main atk gens

That means either adjusting all books now, just in case, or have to drop books from tree and re-skill later. sigh.

True, if you only do advs where the very first attack is a block (SLT for example?). Where you do advs that you can clear a number of camps with Fast Gens, and/or first block with MoD(s), then it makes perfect sense. (3T for example - I can clear with Fast Gens and MoD block, and then wait for first TVG to arrive to block C5 just before the suspicious boulder).
    Last edited by djnelson99; 15.05.17 at 10:21.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by djnelson99 View Post
    ...That said..... if BB ever raises L75 to Lxxx, I'd want FL on all main atk gens
    if they do raise it to lets say 80, 75 -> 80 will take twice as much as 1-> 75, so I think people will be looking for better games rather than better ways of grinding exp here.
    Last edited by sparkz; 15.05.17 at 11:43.

World
    Northisle
    For MG (and attack vets): Has anyone had any thoughts on the benefits of Master Planner vs. using a third book on Weekly Maintenance?

Besiegers with 2 books in Weekly Maintenance have AD hit 220, AD miss 120 (I think) and expected AD 220*.9+120*.1=210.
    Besiegers with 3 books in Weekly Maintenance have AD hit 230, AD miss 130 (I think) and expected AD 230*.9+130*.1=220.

With Master Planner and 2/3 in Weekly Maintenance expected AD is 220*1+0*120=220 (guaranteed) but your other units in the attack will also be +10% accuracy. Did I just answer my own question and confirm that OPs setup is best here?

Note: All elite units have accuracy 90% so Master Planner guarantees max AD (the opposite in many ways to what Anslem does to enemies).

With 3 books in Weekly Maintenance AD can be higher for some attacks but can also be lower, Master Planner removes variance and pretty much guarantees the result of our attack (but not the enemies' attack).

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can see the value of Nav on 30m generals to get them there with the fasts, but using 3 Tomes to bring down fasts from 15m to 7.5m seem a bit wasteful.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    I can see the value of Nav on 30m generals to get them there with the fasts, but using 3 Tomes to bring down fasts from 15m to 7.5m seem a bit wasteful.
    I agree but what would you replace it with? I believe the rationale is to enable even faster back-to-back adventures during events.
    Nusala could use Sniper Training if you intend to sacrifice lb. Hostile Takeover is silly imho and pointless with lvl6 barracks and buffs (ms mercenaries might have been interesting). Can 2 of the books be put into the next level, I'd possibly like more on Fast Learner.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I've been playing nearly 3 years and I'm still clueless about things like "splash damage" .... but anyway, my thoughts are .....

As you increase in levels, the adventures you do will change .... one year ago I was doing a lot of BK, now I do mostly Alis (Woody / 1st / 2nd / 3rd) with some VLT
    And the gens you have and use will change .... and you'll get more gens in the future .... I now have 2 MG, 5 MMA, Vargus, 2 Dracs etc .... I use these for most attacks, with Tavern gens used for blocks

The adventures you do will vary .... the camps you attack in each adventure will vary .... the troops you use and fight against will vary ....
    It would be very "fiddly" to use different books in each gen and remember which one to use on which camps / adventures ..... so I'm going to book all fast (attacking) gens the same .... and I'll carry on playing the same as I have done, using the wiki guides .... and eventually I expect some wiki guides will change (as they have in the past) or new versions will come out .... and one way or another, I will save troops / time etc

So for the fast attacking gens (MG, MMA, CoA) I'll be using:
    Manuscripts: 3 Rapid Fire, 2 Juggernaut
    Tome: 2 Sniper Training, 3 Overrun, 3 Unstoppable Charge
    Codex: 3 Weekly Maintenance, 1 Bounty Hunter (for the star coins)
    That leaves 4 more books I can add, and thinking these will be Tomes added as 1 Battle Frenzy, 3 Fast Learner

The star coins will be useful especially for buying RoA / Assasin and other buffs for quick kills, or for the weekly gems etc etc etc

I won't book the Tavern gens yet .... will be better used on the next explorers / geos / gens we get ..... I will only use books on Tavern gens when I've fully booked all geos / explorers / fast gens, and that's a long way off .....

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    I agree but what would you replace it with? I believe the rationale is to enable even faster back-to-back adventures during events.
    Nusala could use Sniper Training if you intend to sacrifice lb. Hostile Takeover is silly imho and pointless with lvl6 barracks and buffs (ms mercenaries might have been interesting). Can 2 of the books be put into the next level, I'd possibly like more on Fast Learner.
    Absolutely agree with yours on Hostile (especially the bit in brackets). Regarding the situation where you need to get 10 books total in Manu and Tome 1 I would prefer stuffing out the Manu level as its a lot cheaper. For my main attacking generals (MG's, 1or2 x MMA, Vargus I think I will be going for 3 Jog, 3 First Aid, 3 Overrun with the final book being a Manu, probably on Rapid fire.

Reply to Thread