Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Science

ChapterIX
    Master Planner 1/1 (for 100% hit chance on elite units)
    Garrison Annex 3/3 (for more chances to use Mounted Marksman)
    Fast Learner 3/3 (30% extra XP = Level quicker)
    First Aid 3/3 (less time producing mounted swordsman)

I intend to max out all low tier jog (2/3)/jugs/rapid fire to make for cheaper and quicker 'research' towards 21/21 spec'd generals where possible.

Last edited by ChapterIX; 16.05.17 at 16:05.

World
    Northisle
    Fast learner vs Battle frenzy, on Ali's most battles only last 1 round so fast learner, for ft and other adv's the battle frenzy, confident leader and weekly maintenance work better. So 1 guess 1 MG spec for ali the other ft killer.
    Have fun!

World
    Northisle
    My mg has 3 codex on garrison annex. Do I follow evilj with 2 confident leader or djnelson with 2 weekly maint.? Or go for the compromise and put one on each?

World
    Sandycove
    Depends on who's guides you gonna use

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am amazed how some people undervalue for example Juggernaut. "But it is only 60 damage". ehhh Bosscamps are usually the most expensive in troop losses.
    So let's take Vargus: Juggernaut + Overrun + Garrison Annex + Battle frenzy + weekly maintenance + Lightning strike. You LITERALLY TEAR through those camps like there is no tomorrow .... usually because these are also multi combat rounds. That 60 dmg doubles because of lightning strike. Then next round that gets another 10%-30 AGAIN so round 1: 750 - 1250 + 60 X 2. Round 2 10-30% extra etc. Seriously specced like that Boss camps become a WHOLE lot easier.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Because JOG makes adventures faster
    evilj ones:
    http://i.imgur.com/ewxL3Qj.png

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget1 View Post
    Fast learner vs Battle frenzy, on Ali's most battles only last 1 round so fast learner, for ft and other adv's the battle frenzy, confident leader and weekly maintenance work better.
    Do you have any actual examples ? Regular units dont have splash damage meaning that even 30% damage bonus coming from BF will mean no bonus in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    I am amazed how some people undervalue for example Juggernaut. "But it is only 60 damage". ehhh Bosscamps are usually the most expensive in troop losses.
    So let's take Vargus: Juggernaut + Overrun + Garrison Annex + Battle frenzy + weekly maintenance + Lightning strike. You LITERALLY TEAR through those camps like there is no tomorrow .... usually because these are also multi combat rounds. That 60 dmg doubles because of lightning strike. Then next round that gets another 10%-30 AGAIN so round 1: 750 - 1250 + 60 X 2. Round 2 10-30% extra etc. Seriously specced like that Boss camps become a WHOLE lot easier.
    Definately not a rule of a thumb.

Things to consider :

- in some cases you have to lose units either way because otherwise you cant defeat the camp (difficulty does not scale linearly). If you clear problematic units boss might aswell be a piece of cake
    - Overrun already takes care about a huge chunk of bosses HP and will most likely be one of the primary fillers in the skill tree
    - Against high HP targets units without splash damage actually increase in their power (because none of their damage is lost)

So after all its not like bosses are an actual problem, and certainly a 60 damage increase, even if multiplied by 20, would not help much if it was an actual problem.
    Last edited by sparkz; 17.05.17 at 07:37.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello,
    Got a question about Fast Learner.
    The XP gained from ABYW is 139.962
    So, with +30% it should be 181.950
    But its not. Here it is with blocks:

So, i decide to play without blocks and kill almost all camps (6 camps less), here is the result:

The question is - is it bug? or it is intended to kill everything without blocks to receive the full +30% from the adventure?

Regards
    Last edited by Emou; 17.05.17 at 14:08.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    you only get bonus xp for the camps you KILL, blocked camps that just dissapear because you killed a leader dont earn bonus xp (only regular xp.. for that logic.. ask BB)

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe that fast learner only applies to the camps that you actually kill, so the blocked camps will not give the extra XP.

Reply to Thread