Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Science

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Gen Science

Been having a look at the new skill tree (thanx BB!), and have come up with the following as my initial thoughts on how best to upgrade (for me anyhow - everyone will be different I am sure).... just interested in any thoughts others may have on what skills they feel is important?

I'll be posting my SLT setups for the skills below, so a comparison to existing setups can be made. Feel free to take and use (at your own risk lol - but I have done quite a few runs on these now), for any gens you have skilled up as mine are. I would not use them for other skill sets.

As an addendum, I haven't really used the following skills:
    First Aid - troops production is hardly an issue with L6 barracks, skunks and rec guides available. Actually seeing the benefits of this skill now. I have added 3x First aid for suicide BHGs to give 'savings' on attacks (albeit refunds - the net effect is the same - less losses)
    Sniper Training - Figured LB use may be a good one for Nusala only?
    Fast Learner - At higher levels, XP gets less and less to go ;o)
    Cleave - Don't really have attacks that comprise of many ES
    Confident Leader - Happy with my blocks as they are, and if I wanted any that could last longer (as opposed to reducing kill time), I'd just stack another 1R atk into the block.
    Lightning Slash - extra atk from gen as Last Strike - when gens have low atk value, it's pointless - good for Champs with high atks only?
    Bounty Hunter - once you get Pathfinder, and enough minis from loots, you swim in Star Coins anyway!

Now I've pulled the pin, I'll stand back and read with interest

Updated tree 16th May 17. Right or wrong, this is where I am going with this, but may change 1 or 2 MMA to be 'Attack MMAs' and skill accordingly, with Master Planner: Decided that MMAs with 1-up is far better. The question to ask is, 'Do I use MMAs for proper attacks with Cannons/Besiegers (proper full attacks like an MG), or for suicide runs (whether 1R or full of troops)? If mainly suicides, then Master Planner just won't get much benefit (imho!). The argument against is 'Where can you use so many MMA suicides?' I have found plenty and still yet to sim for 2x1R MMA suicides on the same camp to see if that provides good benefits too.
    Thanx to all that have input, or posted thoughts in other threads.
    Last edited by djnelson99; 22.05.17 at 17:39.

World
    Sandycove
    If I understood the description correctly, Juggernaut affects the general only, not his troops, for that reason I have chosen to ignore that and use the First Aid instead as the base filler and gain more from it than otherwise.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    If I understood the description correctly, Juggernaut affects the general only, not his troops, for that reason I have chosen to ignore that and use the First Aid instead as the base filler and gain more from it than otherwise.
    You are correct - I have used as a 'base filler' to get to the next level mostly too. It gives a reasonable extra punch to the normal gens, but for the champs it's a small increase in atk damage, and they have splash damage anyway. hmmm, perhaps Va & An would be better placed with only 2x Juggernaught as a base filler, freeing another book somewhere else in the tree....

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    If I understood the description correctly, Juggernaut affects the general only, not his troops
    This is correct!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just a few thing.. But that is seen from the way i like to play the game.

I almost agree for your setup for MG´s i´m just not sure how much worth those 2 points in UC is. I might go with it, might not.

The suicide gens i´m not going for the JaFW, I have enough gens to not make it worth it. And for the MMA´s most adv. will take less time to complete so will not get to use them a third time. So will just use those points in FA and Jugg instead. But i do see it for people with a lot less gens than others.. And just for that reason i would suggest going for 1-up on normal suicide gens also. Including Garrison Annex. These however when everything else is skilled first as that have higher priority.

Nothing to say to the 3 COA´s other than the same for MMA.. See no use for JaFW on Nusala. Same reason.

And i wont skill any vet or BHG for attacks, i´m happy with only using my MG´s and COA as i would just take the wrong gen for the different attacks.

For the TG and MoD i think the same. And also here when everything else is done i will fill them up and give them full FA, RF, JaFW (just in case of mistakes) and GA, then there is 2 more to use on something that doesnt do anything for blocks and then get 1-up just in case.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanx Faststriker - good points on JaFW. I am no slouch on advs, so correct - they probably won't recover in time, even with 3 books.
    Atk vets are last to do anyway - my main atks are predominantly MG and CoA too.

...and if we get to the point where books are surplus to just fill out the TVG tree and suicide gens, then it's probably time to hand over the account to grandchildren ;o)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Additional:

3x Nav Crash Course = fast gens travel time of 8mins 15secs

QMs need to upgrade speed in order to get to adv with fast gens, so am considering:

This means load capacity of 1350, with a travel time of 9mins 14secs (so the QMs arrive 1min after the fast gens, which means they go to star if LZ full, and you can have had your fast gens land and start to move to positions as they arrive), which seems a fair compromise of speed vs load capacity to me.

EDIT:
    Changed to the following to give 10:54 travel time and 1515 load capacity, as my main gens MG, CoA, etc are all on 2x Nav Crash Course, which is 10:30 travel time:

Last edited by djnelson99; 02.07.17 at 10:30.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    First Aid recovered troops get loaded into the gen that did the killing, so recovering gen = trapped troops. Something to bear in mind.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by djnelson99 View Post
    Additional:

3x Nav Crash Course = fast gens travel time of 8mins 15secs

QMs need to upgrade speed in order to get to adv with fast gens, so am considering:

This means load capacity of 1350, with a travel time of 9mins 14secs (so the QMs arrive 1min after the fast gens, which means they go to star if LZ full, and you can have had your fast gens land and start to move to positions as they arrive), which seems a fair compromise of speed vs load capacity to me.
    Nice. I was originally going for a full navigation skill set for QM but after your analysis I'm gonna use the one you showed

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    first-aid returns so few troops anyway that its probably only usefull as a filler for tavern gens to be able to teach them navigation

Reply to Thread