Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Paperwork guide

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    -1 cant see how it could work tbh, its a zone buff and those do not work on the normal prov houses..
    I had mentioned that I did not think the suggestion would not work on the Rarity Provision House, the reasoning behind that was because it's not as simple to code as the other guides due to fact that the RPH may be producing non-book items and this would also result in additional lag due to the constant need to poll the RPH production to see if the buff is applicable.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Imp RPH or 2nd rph sure. messing with a buff: no.
    One is actually a buff hat decreases TIME (the bookbinder one) the other is one that increases the AMOUNT of what you get (on other buildings).
    That means making the buff do both which is ridiculous. Could have figured that out yourself.

So still -1
    Buffs increase production amount, guides reduce the amount of time needed to produce items. As the suggestion is for the effect a guide has, it is intended only to do the latter and not the former.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    If Recruitment Guide can work on 2 Barracks together with Drill buffs, there is no reason why Paper Guide can't work on Bookbinder together with Glue buffs.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaw-Paw View Post
    every day we see people jealous because they are not at same level.
    you will get there When you get there,thats how game is.
    why does every thing has to be for lower levels, to have it easier, every day a new post from those players
    i really could not care less.
    Where did I say anything about low levels? you can't even get the paperwork guide below lvl 53 unless you trade. Highest recipe is behind a level 63 limit which I have personally have already passed, thank you very much.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Buffs increase production amount, guides reduce the amount of time needed to produce items. As the suggestion is for the effect a guide has, it is intended only to do the latter and not the former.
    Paperwork guide and Woodworking guide do not decrease time. It INCREASES amount. Which is why you are asking for the buff to both. And it is doing exactly as intended (increase amount) so claiming it is supposed to do the other is ridiculous. In fact the exception is the Barracks buff.
    Last edited by Rhylian; 14.05.17 at 13:00.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Paperwork guide and Woodworking guide do not decrease time. It INCREASES amount. Which is why you are asking for the buff to both. And it is doing exactly as intended (increase amount) so claiming it is supposed to do the other is ridiculous. In fact the exception is the Barracks buff.
    No one is claiming anything ridiculous. This is a suggestion and they have a full control of their game and how the buff modifiers work per building production type. At minimum it could be as simple that all they need to do is to add the bookbinder to the list of affected buildings and it automatically works.

The buff has a modifier value of 3, in resource production buildings (type 1) the value is used to multiply the output, in buff or troop production buildings (type 2) the value is used to divide the production time. Basic elementary math and the game "engine" already most likely supports everything based on existing buffs behaviors.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    No one is claiming anything ridiculous. This is a suggestion and they have a full control of their game and how the buff modifiers work per building production type. At minimum it could be as simple that all they need to do is to add the bookbinder to the list of affected buildings and it automatically works.

The buff has a modifier value of 3, in resource production buildings (type 1) the value is used to multiply the output, in buff or troop production buildings (type 2) the value is used to divide the production time. Basic elementary math and the game "engine" already most likely supports everything based on existing buffs behaviors.
    No? read Dorotheus's post where he says he knows what the buff was intended to do (reduce time) Pretty ridiculous claim as he is not on the Dev team.
    2nd it is actually quite possible the barracks buff doesn't use a multiplier but a %age. Aka reduce by X%. However you are still asking in any case for a buff to be changed so it does both multiplying and dividing. I can quite clearly see the epic fail resulting from that if it gets bugged.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    However you are still asking in any case for a buff to be changed so it does both multiplying and dividing.
    No I'm not. I'm saying a buff only has a duration and modifier value. It's mathematical behavior is determined by the target building.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    No I'm not. I'm saying a buff only has a duration and modifier value. It's mathematical behavior is determined by the target building.
    Oh and you coded the buffs yourself to know they do not have a divider or multiplier in the buff? Interesting .... seems we have 2 former TSO devs here now -_-

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Oh and you coded the buffs yourself to know they do not have a divider or multiplier in the buff? Interesting .... seems we have 2 former TSO devs here now -_-
    ... or one of us or both have seen in the past the game files where most of the stuff is partly defined? google settlers gamesettings.xml

Reply to Thread