Reply to Thread

Thread: Aware of blocks

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Aware of blocks

I lost twice - once in Black knights and also in Island of Pirates.

When I looked through the log, I noticed that my regular general lost its personality and unexpectedly became MMA with 1R.
    There is no doubt about. I noticed the problem a week ago in Valliant the little taylor. However, I did not pay attention to it. Then, it happened again in Horse back. Again, I thought, it was my fault until I played Black knight yesterday.

So folks, be careful when you block enemy camps and do not expect any help from SUPPORT.
    Guy that responded to my request suggested me TO CLEAN BROWSER CHACHE, then CLEAN FLASH PLAYER CASCHE, and then, do something else.

This was the most irresponsible reaction that I even saw for the game time.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not really, as blocking is not officially supported by the game. Or in clearer terms: Do it at own risk

World
    Northisle
    What about the MoD? Gen designed for blocking and locking. Check the merchant. I've had a strange thing happen with a block I did. Thought it was the setup but simmed it later and couldn't figure out why it went wrong. More testing.
    Have fun!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nope wasn't designed for blocking. Again BB has made it clear several times: blocking is NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED by them. Aka try at own risk

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mesentsev View Post
    I lost twice - once in Black knights and also in Island of Pirates.

When I looked through the log, I noticed that my regular general lost its personality and unexpectedly became MMA with 1R.
    There is no doubt about. I noticed the problem a week ago in Valliant the little taylor. However, I did not pay attention to it. Then, it happened again in Horse back. Again, I thought, it was my fault until I played Black knight yesterday.
    Did this happened to attacks sent from (or in conjunction to) LZ after you've had transfered some generals while having others incoming (from another zone)?
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    BB does not officially support blocks, but they do finding and testing adventures considering blocks.

And MoD is a big example.

They do not support block to reduce reported issues about this for support as this is minor.
    Hello People

World
    Northisle
    They just use lag as get out cause and it works.
    Have fun!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I've found an easy way to prevent this happening, before sending an attack I double check that I've selected a tavern general and not an MMA, works every time.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    This "don't support blocks" thing is such a fudge by the devs. If you don't support it, why is it still possible to DO blocks at least 5 years since they have been very, VERY widely used?

What they mean is; "oops, we didn't think of that when we wrote the game, but there are many variables outside our control so it's up to you if you use it". And that's probably a good thing, as I'm bored right now during extended maintenance. I'm happy if they stop fixing things.

The basic combat system in TSO is pretty good (ish). It makes sense in a kind-of tabletop wargame combat way. But when a blocking gen comes out of a scrap that's lasted twice as long as the 'main' attack without a scratch to him or his troops.... it's definitely a bug. They just haven't fixed it and we all use it now routinely, so they can't, and just fudge responses now.

I'm sure this has all been said before. The OP's issue is, being frank, probably just a mistake on their part (mine always are when I look) but genuine bugs with blocking should be looked at by BB.

PS Similar but not the same: they fixed the queued-attacks bug recently. That fits right in there with 'things they didn't think people would do but they did and it didn't work right' scenario.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMule View Post
    I've found an easy way to prevent this happening, before sending an attack I double check that I've selected a tavern general and not an MMA, works every time.
    This is probably the solution, but the OP's general (no pun intended) discontent is then exacerbated by the response of support, who, by never ever looking at these issues (can they even examine individual attacks and the content of them? I really doubt it tbh), will never ever fix an actual problem with a system they created, even if by accident.

Oh well, it's always my fault I find. The missus makes sure I know it if BB support don't :-) Game's back up. Time to kill 150 cannons in a dodgy block :-)

Reply to Thread