Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Feedback] General Skills Dev Blog

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Great update. Well thought out skills, they give a definite improvement without making adventures too easy.

Also interesting to read that BB finally acknowledge the use and value of blocks in the game, even if you still don't "support" them. It was a bit silly how BB pretended they didn't exist when they have been integral since... well, forever.

Please give BB_Vierauge a pat on the back, and ensure he is integral to planning future updates.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Impressed View Post
    Also interesting to read that BB finally acknowledge the use and value of blocks in the game, even if you still don't "support" them. It was a bit silly how BB pretended they didn't exist when they have been integral since... well, forever.
    When you say they pretended it doesn't exist you mean by including instructions in the help archive on how to do locking and blocking? It's been there for quite some time now.

The most surprising thing to me however is considering how calculators and guides play such a large part for most players and actively working with that in mind.

World
    Sandycove
    An absolutely brilliant addition to the game and wholly anticipated I think.

The way it has been left to us to decide which way to go with the many, many Gens skills is a masterstroke. I have mainly gone for power over speed, but jog and first aid are on every general so far and will be so on all of them. The savings made on every single attack in the game saves barrack time all the time, and jog is enough speed even when using just 2 manus on it to make a huge difference in travelling across maps.

I can't wait for more new content in the coming months, as mentioned in the blog. I think this is a very exciting time in the evolution of the game.

Great work BB
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 18.05.17 at 13:47.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Impressed View Post
    Please give BB_Vierauge a pat on the back, and ensure he is integral to planning future updates.
    Pat on the back has been given as per your request.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    anyone a clue what the best use is of books? on the different generals..

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares-wargod View Post
    anyone a clue what the best use is of books? on the different generals..
    I'm sure the guide writers are already figuring that out - shouldn't be too long before some are updated. Keep an eye on our Guides section in the meantime.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    I'm sure the guide writers are already figuring that out - shouldn't be too long before some are updated. Keep an eye on our Guides section in the meantime.
    thank you!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares-wargod View Post
    thank you!
    My pleasure - we have some really great guide writers, so gotta give them a plug! :P

World
    Northisle
    "For example, Cleave turns Elite Soldiers into heavy hitters with splash damage, previously a niche among non elite units."
    Sadly this skill is wasted for these reasons:

Elite Soldiers will still not be nearly as good as xb on attack, making this only useful against "weakest first" enemies where we currently use r+b+xb
    or Vargus.

The skill is in the wrong place. Codex Tier 1 can only have 5 or 6 books. Most want their last book in tier 2. The other three skills it competes with are all significantly better than Cleave. I want 9 books on those three, choosing among them is incredibly difficult and you can bet your last cent cleave can't compete there.

3 of 3 on Garrison Annex is a no-brainer, the question is do I put one each on the other two or choose one of them to put two books on. Either way Cleave loses out.

There are some attacks on (non-Ali) adventures where nusala or anslem full of r+e is an option but it would be crazy to skill cleave on either of them.

It might be an option if you are bored and have too many book to put cleave on your eleventeenth vet but I just can't imagine a camp where vet 50r 200e or similar would be the best attack.

This skill is only available from lvl 40 and I fear it is just a trap for the unwary lvl 40-47 who don't know better, forcing them to have a uselessly skilled vet (or even worse mg) that they will reskill later.

If it had been available on the (relatively weak and unpopular/under utilised) Tome Tier 2 it might have been an option for those below lvl 45 with a throwaway vet to skill but as it stands Cleave is my number one "do not use this skill".

I might be wrong of course, adding splash damage would be my first guess as to why but please show an attack where Cleave is the best option.

IMNSHO

World
    Newfoundland
    We are going to introduce a new type of zone-wide buff that increases general movement speed. Weaker buffs will be producible (relatively cheap) in provision houses, and more powerful buffs will be available as loot and at the Merchant for gems and star coins. While this is a less permanent investment than the science system, the buffs affect all generals at once and do not come at the cost of sacrificing other skills. I hope you are looking forward to them!
    Came here to write thermonuclear tl;dr whine about Jog and now you go and pull this..
    Had made peace with quitting game after thousands of hours during 5 years.. not fair!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread