Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visiting another player - server confuses me with them?

World
    Newfoundland

Visiting another player - server confuses me with them?

I visited another guild member's island to buff some mines.

The first weird thing was that I saw his building queue (he was building a well; he confirmed when I asked).

Then he sent me some buffs I didn't have and I - still on his island - got a message "You do not have the resources to initiate this trade." He had no problems with the trade and they arrived in my mail all right.

Then I went home, accepted the trades and went back to continue buffing and the game froze. Chat was still alive, though. I logged out, which also worked, and afterwards everything seems all right.

World
    Northisle
    It happens, happened to me 5 minutes ago. Refresh is your friend.
    Have fun!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Since last update I have often had friends island freeze when visiting - found out it is only island that is 'frozen' - I can return home, visit friend again and all is fine. No need to refresh/relog.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by halv12 View Post
    Since last update I have often had friends island freeze when visiting - found out it is only island that is 'frozen' - I can return home, visit friend again and all is fine. No need to refresh/relog.
    Does this happen every time you visit a friend's island, or is it only sometimes?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    for me it happen on 1 island - first time I visit his island ( and only that island ) after login island freeze - I then return and when visiting again - no problems. ( has happened 2-3 days )

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    for me it happen on 1 island - first time I visit his island ( and only that island ) after login island freeze - I then return and when visiting again - no problems. ( has happened 2-3 days )
    Is this per login session, or is it solved for a certain amount of time before returning (within the same session)?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Per day - not after login later same day - has been 2 or 3 times first time I have visited in the morning.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Per day - not after login later same day - has been 2 or 3 times first time I have visited in the morning.
    Thanks for the additional info!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    + 1 happens when I first visit a friends land......and I cant see their mayors house either. If I go home again and return, all is well. It only happens for that first time, and not with all players ( as far as I can tell, its the steam players this is happening with).

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by maryam1 View Post
    ( as far as I can tell, its the steam players this is happening with).
    Anyone else with similar findings to this?

Reply to Thread