Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remove Daily Quest: 'The Library'

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree though that some dailies (including this one) may need some tweaking in their expense vs. reward.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    +1 for removal this quest just plain sucks books are still too slow to make let alone chuck away on a daily

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma_Baker View Post
    Agree though that some dailies (including this one) may need some tweaking in their expense vs. reward.
    +1
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    We prefer to give players a choice, and those who don't want to complete it can cancel it like others have suggested. Every daily quest will be more/less valuable to each person depending on their current needs/goals, and that's fine.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What about a new feature to "recycle" your daily quest for let's say 2 crystals, available once a day. Of course, the option to delete the quest right away should remain.
    I think it would be a quite reasonable and balanced solution that supports all viewpoints so far.
    Paying 2 crystals is basically the same as cancelling the quest if you are given a new quest that rewards only 2 crystals (+ you lose the resources needed for the new quest). So a minor drawback and risk for not completing the original quest given to you.
    However, there's a possibility of replacing a heavily punishing or currently undoable quest with an easier one that gives more than 2 crystals meaning you still gain at least SOME crystals for completing a Daily Quest.

So for example: You receive the quest 'Library' -> Pay 2 crystals to recycle -> Receive, say "Pay 90 sausages", reward 3 crystals -> Earn 1 crystal in total.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    It's not a bad idea, but a lot of people spend their crystals as soon as they get them, so they have none in their storage. Every 7th day we receive a log-in bonus that contains gems, not crystals, which means that every 7th day you wouldn't have enough crystals to recycle.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigintiljon View Post
    What about a new feature to "recycle" your daily quest for let's say 2 crystals, available once a day. Of course, the option to delete the quest right away should remain.
    I think it would be a quite reasonable and balanced solution that supports all viewpoints so far.
    Paying 2 crystals is basically the same as cancelling the quest if you are given a new quest that rewards only 2 crystals (+ you lose the resources needed for the new quest). So a minor drawback and risk for not completing the original quest given to you.
    However, there's a possibility of replacing a heavily punishing or currently undoable quest with an easier one that gives more than 2 crystals meaning you still gain at least SOME crystals for completing a Daily Quest.

So for example: You receive the quest 'Library' -> Pay 2 crystals to recycle -> Receive, say "Pay 90 sausages", reward 3 crystals -> Earn 1 crystal in total.
    This is a very interesting idea. For the sake of keeping this clear and concise, would you mind making a new thread in the Suggestions sub-forum with it? I'd like to see more discussion surrounding it.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 26.05.17 at 11:55.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please forward any further discussion about this idea in this thread. Thanks Trigintiljon!

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    To all those informing me that I can just cancel it, thanks, but you're missing the point entirely. After 4+ years playing this game, I am well aware that I can cancel Daily Quests. To those that then went on to say something along the lines of, "That's what I do.", thank you for proving my point!

I got this quest yet again yesterday. So, in less than two weeks, the game has asked me to sacrifice six books or miss out on crystals. I find that grossly unfair. Books are, by definition, a limited resource. It's not like I can just build more finesmiths and simple papermills to compensate or head into the TO and buy replacements. To anyone unlucky enough not to have the manuscript recipe yet, two books represents a minimum of 10 hours work in the bookbinder (buffed @ level 6). To the average level 51 player, it will probably take them the entire day (at least) unless they are in a position to make proper use of a bookbinder buff.

I don't have a problem paying any other resource: salt, grout, gunpowder, damascene swords, crossbows all get paid with little/no fuss and I would have no problem paying the paper, nibs, gold coins and even the beans required to make them, but asking for the manuscripts themselves is just plainly wrong, IMHO, especially when the RNG will throw this quest at some players far more often than it will at others.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its only quest that gives 7 crystals iirc, so I'm happy to pay two scripts for seven. Crystals get you free gem pits so well worth it to me.

Closed Thread