Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Logistics quest- -_- change it tyvm

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't like the quest, don't do it. It won't hurt anything if it sits there forever. Nobody is forced to do it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Big investments with less then zero returns. That is ridiculous period. 200 marble and 100 coal? REALLY? No matter how you even try to sp[in it, it is nowhere near reasonable. 10 tomes in several generals for that amount? sure np. No loss no gain. But literally forcing people to waste books and/or gems if they want to get rid of that quest when we already need 4+ years to book the current generals we use? Sorry no. No just nonononononononono. No way to make it reasonable or acceptable. You fudged up BB period.
    This is a quest aimed at players in the mid 30 levels, naturally the rewards will not be appealing to high level players. Completing it unlocks the Strategy Quest with it's own rewards. By refusing to do these Tome quests you are denying your self the reward given for using X Codex quests which no doubt you will find completed as soon as you get them.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    I suspect the rewards make more sense for new players. Who presumably would come across this at lvl 30 or something.
    The rewards could have been more logical, such as a codex or heap of resources for bookbinder, paper, nibs . . .

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    You raise a good point Doro about it being aimed at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegor View Post
    The rewards could have been more logical, such as a codex or heap of resources for bookbinder, paper, nibs . . .
    I'll pass that feedback on.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    It could be made useful for lower levels and higher levels also if the requirement was, "Invest 10 tomes total in your generals" instead of, "Invest 10 tomes in one of your combat generals." You still have the requirement to produce 10 tomes and invest them, but this gives players a lot more flexibility about HOW to invest them.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    This is a quest aimed at players in the mid 30 levels, naturally the rewards will not be appealing to high level players. Completing it unlocks the Strategy Quest with it's own rewards. By refusing to do these Tome quests you are denying your self the reward given for using X Codex quests which no doubt you will find completed as soon as you get them.
    And people in the mid 30s will have an even harder time getting books to put in wastefully.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree that the quest is a pain, can't see why it isn't invest 10 in your generals or geologists, but it isn't unique in the fact that it's highly geared towards a re-spec afterwards. There are some achievements like it too, just ignore the quest.

What does surprise me is there's no gem it through option, BB you'd probably earn more gems from it that way than hoping people will re-spec a geo or gen after completing it.

just noticed on wiki geo and gen are invest 10 tomes yet explorer is invest 5 is that correct ?
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 27.05.17 at 10:36.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    And people in the mid 30s will have an even harder time getting books to put in wastefully.
    You can invest a maximum of 16 Tomes to a general. Based on my current understanding of the skills I may invest 12 Tomes in my General Log, the quest is only 10.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    You can invest a maximum of 16 Tomes to a general. Based on my current understanding of the skills I may invest 12 Tomes in my General Log, the quest is only 10.
    you maybe, but scores of people will not put 10 tomes into their general. Not to mention what you plan to do with your general has zero bearing on what a lvl 30 will do with his and how hard it is for them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    you maybe, but scores of people will not put 10 tomes into their general. Not to mention what you plan to do with your general has zero bearing on what a lvl 30 will do with his and how hard it is for them.
    It's opposite sides of the same coin, some will some won't.

Reply to Thread