Reply to Thread

Thread: Recycle Daily Quest - new idea

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Recycle Daily Quest - new idea

Originally posted in another thread (Remove Daily Quest: 'The Library') but i was asked to create a new thread for this suggestion so here it is

What about a new feature to "recycle" your daily quest for let's say 2 crystals, available once a day. Of course, the option to delete the quest right away should remain.
    I think it would be a quite reasonable and balanced solution that supports all viewpoints so far.
    Paying 2 crystals is basically the same as cancelling the quest if you are given a new quest that rewards only 2 crystals (+ you lose the resources needed for the new quest). So a minor drawback and risk for not completing the original quest given to you.
    However, there's a possibility of replacing a heavily punishing or currently undoable quest with an easier one that gives more than 2 crystals meaning you still gain at least SOME crystals for completing a Daily Quest.

So for example: You receive the quest 'Library' -> Pay 2 crystals to recycle -> Receive, say "Pay 90 sausages", reward 3 crystals -> Earn 1 crystal in total.

All ideas and thoughts are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by numa View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but a lot of people spend their crystals as soon as they get them, so they have none in their storage. Every 7th day we receive a log-in bonus that contains gems, not crystals, which means that every 7th day you wouldn't have enough crystals to recycle.
    In response to this, i mean, if you choose to spend crystals right away then that's your choice. You can also choose not to go below 2 crystals just to have a backup plan. Would not be too difficult. Secondly, i highly doubt that you'd feel the need to reroll every other quest. There are plenty of decent quests that have a reasonable price and that are not worth recycling at all, so the chances of a 'bad' quest landing on Day 7 are not that high. And should it happen so that you're out of crystals then well, you can just delete or complete the quest, just like you do right now.

Cheers
    -Trig

World
    Northisle
    +1
    Have fun!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget1 View Post
    +1
    Not got any thoughts on the matter? Maybe you have something to add to the idea to make it even better?

World
    Northisle
    The idea is pretty rounded. I'd be in the camp of saving 2 crystals should the need to recycle arrive. Recycling a quest to a quest that only pays 2 crystals would be a disappointment. As you could of just cancelled that quest but that's the luck of the draw I guess.

So recycling would only really be an option for those that choose to save 2 crystals but maybe as a long term goal that may work out better than simple cancel.
    Have fun!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It would need to include some mechanic to prevent getting the same quest again. Players would not be happy to pay the 2 crystals to get rid of the two manu quest only to receive the same two manu quest again but with only half the reward.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    It would need to include some mechanic to prevent getting the same quest again. Players would not be happy to pay the 2 crystals to get rid of the two manu quest only to receive the same two manu quest again but with only half the reward.
    It could serve the purpose of increasing the gambling or risk aspect, but yes, i agree that people would probably feel really cheated after finding out they've been given the same quest (We have a lot RNG punish already). I think it would probably be more consistent if it was impossible to roll the same quest twice.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget1 View Post
    The idea is pretty rounded. I'd be in the camp of saving 2 crystals should the need to recycle arrive. Recycling a quest to a quest that only pays 2 crystals would be a disappointment. As you could of just cancelled that quest but that's the luck of the draw I guess.

So recycling would only really be an option for those that choose to save 2 crystals but maybe as a long term goal that may work out better than simple cancel.
    Thanks for taking the time to go into more detail - I really value the feedback!

Reply to Thread