Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idling buildings and re trade

Pekk

Mark idling buildings and easy re trade

Hi, couple of ideas:

1) All manual production buildings like barracks, provision houses, book binder etc could show a notification when they are not producing

2) Send trade from history again to trade office with one click
    Last edited by Pekk; 29.05.17 at 21:53.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Great proposals!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep, +1 here!

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    Bookbinder is the only building in the game that doesn't give any notice. Only the floating book when ready to pick up, no popup & sound (like barracks & PH's), not even a line in the news log.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I like both ideas.
    However, i would prefer if the mark for idle PH/Barracks/Bookbinder was not a bouncing exclamation mark. I think it would be more fitting to add some subtle animations so a player can still distinguish between active and idle, but it's not screaming in your face.
    For example:
    PH/RPH - have smoke coming from a chimney when it's active, similarly to Epic Woodyard.
    Barracks - Have some of the watchtowers manned and a few archers training in the archery range below. And no activity and no units when it's idle.
    Bookbinder - Also a bit more activity on the front square in front of the building when active.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Would I like an exclamation mark constantly at my PH as seldom using? NO
    Can I manage BA/EB/Academy without being marked: YES.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree with previous. These are the most commonly visited buildings in the game... why would you need an icon/script that will slow the game down when you're always visiting them anyway?

I agree theres a bit too much clicking involved in the trades menu... setting up trades might perhaps be streamlined a wee bit (being able to select goods/amounts 1 higher level on receiving/sending screen instead of having to open/close another would be a good step) But as you grow, i doubt you will be placing the exact same trades all the time. I definitely don't. Why not just trying to buy some more slots for your trade setup?

Pekk
    I agree that marks should be subtle. Or the marks could even be when they are producing, not when sleeping. Both would work for me.

I do lot of trading and have ~20 fixed trades I keep repeating. I could imagine some others trade like that too. Trade history could be longer too.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 but prefer to keep each suggestion in separate thread. usually if people want to search thread, they looking for title, so you can easily get more supporters
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Reply to Thread