Reply to Thread

Thread: Population limit since maintenance

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

Population limit since maintenance

What has happened to my population limit? When I logged off last might I had 30 idle settlers, now I have 0 and a population of over 19k when my limit is only 14k!
    Last edited by Steve1077; 30.05.17 at 11:25.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's explained in the Change Log

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Okay, fair enough, guess I'll just have to kill a lot of troops

SimoneMarijnisse
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    It's explained in the Change Log

Well, not exactly, I'm afraid. The change log states that one would not lose any revived troops anymore. It does not tell from when this won't happen anymore, neither if revived troops lost in the past are to be added to the population with this hotfix.
    If lost troops are added with this hotfix, it might be the answer to the question Steve raised. 5k Is quite a bit though....

jrma1033
    Something is definitely wrong! I can't train any troops, my population limit is sth like 6000/3250. Can't add any more population and so can't train any troops. I'm in the middle of valiant tailor and can't do anything!!!!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jrma1033 View Post
    Something is definitely wrong! I can't train any troops, my population limit is sth like 6000/3250. Can't add any more population and so can't train any troops. I'm in the middle of valiant tailor and can't do anything!!!!
    As the changelog states, if you're over the cap due to previous use of the First Aid skill, you will need to expend that extra population before you can train more troops.

Could you link a screenshot of your population overview?

jrma1033
    Ok, I think I get it now. With this fix you count the pop. you've rescued using the first aid skill from the start. Th problem is that when you're in the middle of a long quest you can't train more troops, but no biggy, just canceled the quest and now the long haul of killing troops!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    No need to cancel the adventure you are currently doing. Just send the excess troops and kill them there. This will bring the population count down and help towards completing the current adventure at the same time.

Guides are written to allow for the lowest losses per adventure. As you need to kill your excess troops, then ignore the guides and send whatever needs to be lost to kill as many as possible.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Exactly! This is one of the few times where you get to be really careless about your troops. Go nuts!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I lose over 4k troops in VLT being careful, so it won't take me long to get my pop down

Reply to Thread