Reply to Thread

Thread: discrepancies between the prod and test islands?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

discrepancies between the prod and test islands?

Hi folks,

I wanted to look at better layouts on my island to fit in more magnificent Residences, so went across to the test server, destroyed my island and laid out the Mag Res's. Around my mayors house it looks like this:
    testing.jpg

Back to my main island and time to rip things up and redo my layout, however I found I can't do the same layout because the layouts between the islands are different:
    prod.jpg
    I've circled the offending bush that's stopping me do the build

Does it matter? Well, yes to me it does. I also want to spend gems (ofc need to buy first) on shot firers etc. to clear other parts of my island, but I don't want to now as I don't know what the results would be.

Anyone else spotted discrepancies between the prod and test islands? I'm wondering what other differences there are
    Torq

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    That one is quite old it comes and goes on test sometimes the weed is on test other times not, I even put a ticket in about it once. If I recall right the response went something like the test version is several versions higher than live.

Generally test gives a pretty good representation of live but it's not 100% reliable, rock removal is true if I recall right it's generally the odd weed here and there that might catch you out.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-being-curious

that thread might save you some testing.

World
    Northisle
    My island is slightly different than a couple of friends. We have recently done our first evil queen and got the epic farm yard. I checked out a guild members island I saw a decent spot for it. The other guy was having trouble locating a spot for his so I said about this spot. The spot worked for him and all was dandy. A few days later I got mine and placed it, the store I placed prior to the farm was 1click off best walk so I said "typical" and moved it. My friend came over and studied the placement and found that it was 1click off of his. Another friend visited and noticed the same thing but I could only place it in 1 spot as could he but they are in different places on each others island.

IDC tbh not taking up a mag res spot or anything so hey.
    Have fun!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    that's great, many thanks. I do note my island is slightly different from the one in the thread, one of the archipelago islands I can only get one MR not two on the one due east, but minor considering how far I have to go As Easytarget notes, there are differences between his island and his friends, I guess it depends on when we started playing ;-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 01.06.17 at 17:10.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread