Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anslem the boss killer

World
    Northisle

Anslem the boss killer

Been have some fun with fastsim and testing some skills on Ali. The dazzle skill that Anslem has is not that great when fighting lots of enemies but when fighting bosses it's awesome. Have a play with this setup

Yes not many codex skills but doesn't seem to need um. 3 in recovery as you need to suicide him on evil queen but room to play there maybe.

Have to tailor the troops per battle but try the bosses on ali adventures and see what you think. Prolly not the best general for every boss but pretty close.
    Have fun!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with the first two rows completely.
    I wouldn't put and books in Unstoppable Charge, but instead I'd put 3X codex in Garrison Annex, cause I don't use a lot of swift units on Anslem, but I guess that depends on your preferred troops. Also, I'd rather invest 2X codex in Weekly Maintenance (cause I do use heavy units on Anslem) than tomes in Just a Flesh Wound, because I really don't kill him off often and this could save some more troops.
    Just FYI, I tried comparing Master Planner vs Lightning Slash on Anslem and Lightning Slash saved me more troops.

World
    Northisle
    Taken your comments and had more of a play. Checked the suicide on evil queen with Anslem and there on no need as you can use an MMA with a few extra troops and get the same results. So 3 books saved there.

With that in mind I had a further look. The 3 books in unstoppable charge are a must really, you get rid of the 1st and 2nd round fighters in 1 round and then you can add besiegers to the load.

Lightning slash works in some battles and master planner in others. Mainly slash was in the battles where you are fighting bosses with attack the weakest and have to use knights/besiegers rather than AM/MM.
    Have fun!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Disclaimer: my build is ended on alibaba-level of adventuring

Unstoppable charge only works on:

Cavalry & Knights (and MM get +3 max damage which is insignificant)

So those points are absolutely wasted imo.
    As well as Juggernaut, which only adds an insignificant damage to anslem alone. But you could consider adding 2 points into it just to get to next their (and not take Jog)

Personally I went with this setup:

Master planner is mandatory for predictability reasons.
    15 units mandatory, because.. damage, round time reduction for safer blocks, Anslem usually takes quite a lot of rounds to take stuff down.

It's basically EvilJ's build but with 2 points taken out of navigation crash course and moved into 2/3 XP.
    The 2 points in the XP skill can be moved around freely without losing combat abilities.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Just to add - I haven't done many simulations, just a few, but they weren't on bosses' camps, and Lightning slash still got me less losses than Master Planner - I guess it depends on the camps...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    You're going to have to be more specific.. on what type of camps? what types of enemies?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    Unstoppable charge only works on:

Cavalry & Knights (and MM get +3 max damage which is insignificant)
    Your right, I tested this all out again and never found much improvement. Saw some improvements tho when using knights on certain bosses. Gonna be a while for me to get the books to skill Anslem so I might go into testing some more.

Jugger is just a filler as the manuscript are cheap. The extra damage you get from Battle Frenzy means the blocks become much safer so you do not need to reduce the round time. Having 3 levels in Annex changes shows very little in battle results, but 1 lvl over a few skills does.

It's just the bosses on ali adv's, seems to be where Anslem shines. The MG and Vargus look to be the best at camp killing on the way.
    Have fun!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    You're going to have to be more specific.. on what type of camps? what types of enemies?
    I didn't save any of the simulations so I can't tell you exactly, but I've tested on several Alis and Tailors. I chose a few camps randomly and compared the losses - the differences were small, but in general they were in favor of Lightning slash.

I can't say that it was my idea - I read it in another thread and decide to try it.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    here is the link to the thread

World
    Northisle
    Nice find, makes a good read. Dunno about losing the first aid tho, a must on ali I think. I think the unstoppable is not really needed tho. Gonna go with this I think.

Have fun!

Reply to Thread