Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Temporary colony slot

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe you will find this is working as intended if you wish to maintain more than four colonies at any one time

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    You're wrong in this case, Dazz.

Slot #1-4 should be for FREE at any time and return to this status when lost/abandoned;
    slot 5+6 should return to locked status when lost/abandoned.

Absolutely NOT working as intended NOR as described when buying the temporary slots...
    Last edited by kke2100; 21.05.18 at 06:52.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I am with kke2100 on this, the text when buying a temporary slot states:
    Do you want to unlock this temporary colony slot?
    You will be able to use it to claim a colony once. After that colony expires or is conquered by someone else, the slot will revert to its locked state.
    The highlighted part indicates the temp slot only gets consumed when the colony it is bought for expires or is conquered, not when any colony expires or gets conquered.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    I have to agree with Kotugo's interpretation of the wording. You unlock the slot temporarily in order to claim a particular colony and only when that colony is gone should the temporary slot revert. If what KKE is experiencing is as intended, then it should read: "After any colony..."

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Seems to be fixed...?

I haven't noticed anything in recent change logs about this issue, but over the past day I have bought a temporary slot, had a different colony taken and managed to claim a new colony without repurchasing the slot...

Spoiler

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello!
    I hope you can help me see things clearly about the temporary colony slots. The following things happened in chronological order:
    1. I had 4 slots filled with colonies.
    2. I took a 5th one, and to claim it, I opened the 5th slot with 200 valour points (temporaryly).
    3. About 2-3 hours later one of my first 4 colonies expired, and I abandoned it.
    4. All colonies shifted one up (that's OK), but the 5th one is not open now (as it should, because not the colony I took into it was taken/abandoned), but shows the 2 option to pay for it.

About 2 weeks back I had the very same problem, I reported it. About a day after the report I had a slightly different problem:
    I had 6 colonies claimed. One of the first 4 colonies expired, so I abandoned it to be able to have a new one, and at the same time one of the 2 colonies I put into the temporary slots was taken by another player. What I expected to happen: I have 2 spots available for colonies, one open, and one closed (can be opend with valour/gems). Instead, both slots were open...

So bugs happened to both "directions". My question: when do exactly the temporary slots go back to closed status? A bit different topic: when do I exactly gain/loose strength points? Do I loose when I abandon an expired/not expired colony?

Thanks,
    DN

Merged
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 19.09.18 at 13:57.

Reply to Thread