Reply to Thread

Thread: Global Market idea and building concept, The Free Trader concept

World
    Newfoundland

Global Market idea and building concept, The Free Trader concept

The Free Trader, a merchant who sails his fleet around the world to trade, can offer players opportunities to assist him in matters. The assignments are optional, but the reward is immense, and sometimes crucial to financial success. In some assignments, players have to deliver select goods, while in others, players have to destroy camps or bosses.

I had an idea about having all servers trading in one place, something that I call The Free Trader where players that are level 75+ can exchange goods with other players that are playing on different servers. The attached image is from ANNO (one of your games), and I had two ideas about the concept of the building type. While reading wiki about market I saw two types of markets that I liked a lot, first concept would be normal Street Market (like shown in the image from ANNO), and second concept where really game designer & developers would shine could be Float Market, where goods are sold from boats or something like that.

I think this is all I had to say, I mean it would be real fun to see players trading with players from different servers, and probably would take this game to another level. I hope you like my idea of global market.

External link removed. Please do not use outside links
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 07.06.17 at 11:26.

Brotherjon
    What would you actually trade? I dont know what benefit this would bring to the game, while at the same time demanding a lot of developer time or certainly big headaches for them organising something like this accross servers. And why only for lvl 75? Less than only 1% of current gaming community.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not a good idea. Each server already has its own economy running based on multiple things and resource and item values can differ a lot. This would just allow a small group of people dominate and unbalance the market. They stopped doing the cross server competitions for the similar unbalance reason.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjon View Post
    And why only for lvl 75? Less than only 1% of current gaming community.
    someone is 75 already?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    being as players can have accounts on different servers and enjoy doing so, no thanks. The TOS would have to be re-written to stop this.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's coming, according to siedler-vision.de, Apr 01
    Spoiler

siedler-vision.de/2017/04/vorschau-hafengebaeude-weltenuebergreifendes-handeln(google-translation)
    Harbor building

In addition to quest structures such as the ship (former test server version), which generates quest chains and the Excelsior expansion introduced recently on the Liveserver, there is now the next building that will take you to the game. The harbor.

Who now thinks: ships produce, new production buildings, Anno online clone - wrongly thought.

It is a building, the erection of which is a further, essential game feature: the cross-server action.

Especially in the difficult time, when the servers are becoming increasingly empty, the players only return to events (and then the servers to their knees) it is now time to link the German game worlds. And thats just the beginning.
    PS: Only the equilibrium worlds of the individual DSO countries are linked. So you can not deal with England or Spain!

In the long run, cross-server chats, visits of player islands on other game worlds and joint adventure games (co-operation adventure) are planned.

The port is available from level 17 on your island. It is then placed on the island (like the Excelsior) and can then be extended via quest chains (similar to the epic work buildings). At first, the port is damaged and has to be repaired, so that the first storage place and other smaller rewards are waving.

The port can then generate another 2 free trades and storage space with additional quests. Then you have to pay only from the 4th place a small adjustment fee of 3, 6, 9, etc. coins.

Spoiler
    Notice the date..

25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    A lovely idea, but I can say that trading between servers isn't possible.

Maybe you could modify it with that in mind?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Dont really see a reason for inter-server trading... will just mean a larger market for a few enthousiastic traders to get rich on.. on current server the market is large enough for most commodities to provide reasonable trading options if youre willing to let it take a bit of time.

I would however be happy about a more general auto-trade building. Say trade with the server itself at higher-then-market prices for those moments when time is of the essence... a black market building that can provide anything in a moments notice, at a cost. (This would make certain existing resource-conversion options in provisions house pointless tho).

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    A lovely idea, but I can say that trading between servers isn't possible.

Maybe you could modify it with that in mind?
    Yes, The Free Trader concept, I mean if you would like some kind of event between events with this merchant coming once a month or something...
    But that's wide idea you have to have harbour... That's why I suggested the floating market where ships could stop...
    Last edited by DrBoom; 08.06.17 at 18:37.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBoom View Post
    Yes, The Free Trader concept, I mean if you would like some kind of event between events with this merchant coming once a month or something...
    But that's wide idea you have to have harbour... That's why I suggested the floating market where ships could stop...
    What would this event of yours entail? And why would you want to limit it to level 75+ players?

Reply to Thread