Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 MMA setups

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

2 MMA setups

I made 2 skill setups for my MMAs, so I thought I might share them.

The first one is for the suicide MMAs (1R attacks, 220R, 220B or sacrificing C, knights or Mounted Marksmen):

Rapid Fire: 3
    First Aid: 3
    Jog: 3

Navigation Crash Course: 1

I don't have a great need for Navigation Crash Course, but it can speed up lootspots and I would feel that a book invested in Juggernaut was a waste.

Unstoppable Charge: 3
    Just a Flesh Wound: 3

Garrison Annex: 2
    Confident Leader: 2

I'll probably have 1 MMA with 3 in Garrison Annex and 2 in Unstoppable Charge (for R and B attacks) and 1 MMA with the setup shown above (for sacrificing swift units).

1-Up: 1

Again, as I have a few MMA, I'll probably have Master Planner on some of them and 1-Up on the others.

Battle MMA:
    First Aid: 3
    Jog: 3

Overrun: 3
    Navigation Crash Course: 1

There are only a couple adventures where I use MMA against bosses, but since I don't use B on MMA, except for suicide, and the other skills available didn't seem useful, this was my choice. Of course, more books in Navigation Crash Course might be preferred by some people.

Unstoppable Charge: 3
    Fast Learner: 2

Weekly Maintenance: 2
    Garrison Annex: 3

Master Planner: 1

I'd really love to hear other people's ideas on this. Thanks!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good idea for a thread, and timely, I've been puzzling over what to do with my MMAs too. I am only going to set up 1 what you call "battle MMA" - there's no adventures I do where I need more than 1 MMA attacking bosses.

For that 1 MMA, I also have First Aid 3, Jog 3, Overrun 3 and Unstoppable Charge 3, but have Navigation 2 and Fast Learner 1. I haven't finalized the higher level attributes yet, will probably do Garrison Annex 3 as you have, but haven't yet found a sim where weekly maintenance or master planner would make that much of a difference.

For the sacrificial MMAs, I'm doing them a bit differently. I also have Rapid Fire x3, First Aid x3 and Jog x 3, but put juggernaut x3 on them to use up manuscripts. The main goal for me is to get to 1-up for them all as quick as possible. I don't see the benefit of confident leader - they'll never attack for more than 1 round anyways, so you're only saving a 3 seconds on the attack. That's an expensive choice to make. I'd also rather have 1-up than master planner.

World
    Northisle
    I like the suicide setup but "Just a Flesh Wound: 3" is a bit of a waste. Yes you think "great, I can use him a 3rd time in an adv" but by the time you have used him twice the adv is over. Pity you can't choose that early in an adv and then 1 up when close to finish. I used this skill in my Nus setup and now I'm regretting it.

Navigation Crash Course tempted to go 3 books here as I don't wanna be the guy the ls owner is waiting on. A few minutes so not really a big deal but hey.

so for suicide, 1st wave attacker and ls gen I'm going with this:

For an attacker this:

but tbh an attacking MMA is a pretty low priority for me.
    Last edited by EasyTarget1; 10.06.17 at 05:33.
    Have fun!

World
    Newfoundland
    3rd point in Rapid Fire doesnt make sense to me, can someone enlighten me as to why everyone insists to 3/3 there ?

World
    Northisle
    Cheap and need less bows and/or do more damage.

BLT no skills last leader camp

Var 180r - MMA 220b - MG 165b - mg 116r 27m 127k

with rapid fire on MMA, 1 lvl

Var 180r - MMA 220b - MG 110b - mg 116r 27m 127k

2 levels

Var 180r - MMA 220b - MG 93b - mg 116r 27m 127k

3 levels

Var 180r - MMA 220b - MG 86b - mg 116r 27m 127k
    Have fun!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Rapid Fire was my choice on the sacrifice MMA because there are a lot of adventures (like Tailors) where I send 220 B in the first wave. I don't use it in the other setup because I don't use B in regular attacks with MMA.

rathbone93, I agree with your point about the Confident Leader - I'll definitely look into it a bit more before I invest the books.

EasyTarget1, thanks on your input regarding Nusala and Just a Flesh Wound, but since I only have 4 MMA, I think I'm gonna stick with it for now. It will be a long time before I can skill all of them, so I have time to reconsider the setup for others. As for the battle MMA (i will also make only 1 of those), I would advise against Battle Frenzy since, as rathbone93 said, MMAs never attack for more than 1 round, so this skill is pretty much useless for them.

World
    Northisle
    Yeah, battle frenzy thx isn't needed. Only time I use a killer MMA is on BLT second leader camp and this setup works best there:

Kept the rapid fire and unstoppable skills so he doubles as suicider.

105m 115K
    Have fun!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I like the idea of dual usage. I thought about that when I did the setup and thought that I could use my battle MMA for 220 R and swift units kills with all the same benefits.

Reply to Thread