Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rarity / Artefact search

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Rarity / Artefact search

I think the Rarity and Artefact search should be adapted a bit after all the new content etc we had.

Rarity search i used a long time ago. I have 2 explorers with this ability but never use them anymore.
    The drops are not interesting at all anymore. I used to hope on the Magic Beans.
    Now Magic beans are easier to get it's not interesting anymore.

I would suggest that Rarity Search get some other drops added.
    I'm thinking of Crystals, Grout and Gems. This would make it interesting to use again.

For the Artefact search it would be nice that some other buffs would be added to.
    We have seen many new buffs in the game last years so let there be a change they drop in Artefact search.
    Suggestions i have would be Nash Williams, Overtime and maybe a rare change of zone buffs.

And please throw out the Sandman buff. I think that's a buff nobody wants. I have 184 at the moment in my star....... And can't delete them.

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree on getting an overhaul to artefact search haven't got rarity so no comment on that. Changing Sandmans powder and cheese sandwiches to fish platters would be progress, at least i can use them.

Maybe they could add a longer Artefact search to get some of the newer buffs.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed. +1 on all accounts above. Skilled up 1 expl for the sake of the achievement but its comletely useless... which is annoying for having spent 6 codices.

Artifact search still slightly good for finding rainbows... but updating the buffs in that cache would be a good idea.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I would like to see some of the newer buffs like Barazaks etc added to the loot table.

However I think Rarity is a more suitable search to have grout added. They have already said they are not looking at additional means of gaining crystals and short letters already provide away of gaining more gems.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Grout on rarity would make it better but to protect the economy of this game the drop rate should be low -> complaints about low drop rate.
    Artefact is fine, just give me the option to delete sandman.. PLEASE

And asking for crystals or even gems to drop from a free search... well
    Last edited by Budgy; 14.06.17 at 10:16.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like the rarity search to return,well, rare items,not stuff you get everyday from mines otherwise it;s a waste of time having a rarity search in the first place. Thank You

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    An update in the Artefact Search was supposed to be on the developers' to-do list as far back as 2014. They did promise other things at the same time, that have since come to pass, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to actually happen.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I would like the rarity search to return,well, rare items,not stuff you get everyday from mines otherwise it;s a waste of time having a rarity search in the first place. Thank You
    I look at it as kind of a joke prize like the prize on many game shows (the USA 'Let's Make a Deal' used to give a goat). Or otherwise as if my explorer came back but had a lot to drink on the trip and ended up stumbling in going "Look what I found! A Sandwich! An actual Sandwich! Aren't you proud of me????" like the cat leaving me a dead bird and not understanding why I'm not thrilled...

In other words - consider it funny, imagine a odd reason why the explorer would think that item is so precious (maybe the cheese sandwich is made with a cheese that's from his home town and very tough to find and to him it is special).

All kidding aside, I think a level of randomness for such things is by design and an overall good idea. Truly rare items shouldn't be common - and if someone brings one back every time how rare is that? It's actually a chance for a rare item, not a guarantee.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MeneerHepatica View Post
    I think the Rarity and Artefact search should be adapted a bit after all the new content etc we had.

Rarity search i used a long time ago. I have 2 explorers with this ability but never use them anymore.
    The drops are not interesting at all anymore. I used to hope on the Magic Beans.
    Now Magic beans are easier to get it's not interesting anymore.

I would suggest that Rarity Search get some other drops added.
    I'm thinking of Crystals, Grout and Gems. This would make it interesting to use again.

For the Artefact search it would be nice that some other buffs would be added to.
    We have seen many new buffs in the game last years so let there be a change they drop in Artefact search.
    Suggestions i have would be Nash Williams, Overtime and maybe a rare change of zone buffs.

And please throw out the Sandman buff. I think that's a buff nobody wants. I have 184 at the moment in my star....... And can't delete them.
    +1

Reply to Thread