Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rarity / Artefact search

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I look at it as kind of a joke prize like the prize on many game shows (the USA 'Let's Make a Deal' used to give a goat). Or otherwise as if my explorer came back but had a lot to drink on the trip and ended up stumbling in going "Look what I found! A Sandwich! An actual Sandwich! Aren't you proud of me????" like the cat leaving me a dead bird and not understanding why I'm not thrilled...

In other words - consider it funny, imagine a odd reason why the explorer would think that item is so precious (maybe the cheese sandwich is made with a cheese that's from his home town and very tough to find and to him it is special).

All kidding aside, I think a level of randomness for such things is by design and an overall good idea. Truly rare items shouldn't be common - and if someone brings one back every time how rare is that? It's actually a chance for a rare item, not a guarantee.
    I think its a rarity that a cheese sandwich/fish platter/solid sandwich or Aunt Irma's basket makes it back without the big fella eating it. As for the sandmans powder...I think if you look close enough you'll find its crumbs from the above
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Rarity search is kind of ok- but maybe not compared to all the books needed . I use them to get a few bag of rainbow snow. Artefact on the onther hand is totally useless. But so is most of the skill setting for explorers and geos. By the time you have enough books put, you dont really need the stuff they find.

I have reclaimed most of my book from geos and from those explorers that had skills like artefact search and used the books on the generals instead.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Rarity search is kind of ok- but maybe not compared to all the books needed . I use them to get a few bag of rainbow snow. Artefact on the onther hand is totally useless. But so is most of the skill setting for explorers and geos. By the time you have enough books put, you dont really need the stuff they find.

I have reclaimed most of my book from geos and from those explorers that had skills like artefact search and used the books on the generals instead.
    You are confusing the skills. ^^'
    Rarity Search gives small amount of beans, guild coins, coal, etc...
    Artefact Search is the one that gives random buffs.

@Larili: When they brings back sandman's powder, consider it a cue from our explorer friends, that they want some sleepy-time instead of wandering up and down the coast flipping over rocks in search for rare items to bring back to you. XD
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Rarity is a waste of the books....

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    @Larili: When they brings back sandman's powder, consider it a cue from our explorer friends, that they want some sleepy-time instead of wandering up and down the coast flipping over rocks in search for rare items to bring back to you. XD
    Sleep! No time for sleep....They have a tuition fee to pay off Lol
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread