Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Building numbers for a good balance in early stages.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks! This will be good reference for to 20's to 40's methinks.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I am noting as I did in global chat several tiles, that this is meant to be EARLY STAGES.

Perhaps you could define what you mean by early stages...for me this is L 1 - 35. Most people who understand the game mechanics have got the principles of a good eco and how to trade sorted by then. Before then is when people need help.
    You also mention silos.....silos are not something I associate with early stages.

Maybe there needs to be a note about event buildings like silos and recyclers.....as most people in the early stages wont have enough gems to purchase these, events are the only possible way.

Otherwise, its good and something that has been needed for a while, thank you!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Don't forget a gem pit. If you are still having fun after lvl 30, you should invest in a gem pit. Save all the weekly gems, do as many excelsior short letters as possible and/or buy gems (when they are on sale).

It's a big investment but so worth it. If you buy 1 gem pit the other 9 are " free" .

Edit: Is lvl 30 the right moment?

World
    Northisle
    I have 21 pinewood cutters supported by 3 foresters, the cutters are of a much higher lvl too. The need to save bl for pop buildings early on is very strong. So I suggest you take advantage of this feature.
    Have fun!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyTarget1 View Post
    I have 21 pinewood cutters supported by 3 foresters, the cutters are of a much higher lvl too. The need to save bl for pop buildings early on is very strong. So I suggest you take advantage of this feature.
    This is something which shows you have a good understanding of the underlying mechanics, this would require players at that level having a mentor willing to explain these underlying mechanics to them.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    Can't find the thread I learnt this tip off of but it's pretty easy. Have a storehouse and around it place 3 foresters with short walks supplying 3 different deposits. Then place as many cutters as you wish. The foresters only need be lvl1 the cutters can be any level. This works for different wood types but have each type in there own area. Do not buff the foresters.

It will take a few days to settle down and will result in most of the trees on your island being removed.

The cutters get there full load off of 1 deposit.
    Last edited by EasyTarget1; 18.06.17 at 12:33.
    Have fun!

Drey_3
    Perhaps you could define what you mean by early stages...for me this is L 1 - 35. Most people who understand the game mechanics have got the principles of a good eco and how to trade sorted by then. Before then is when people need help.
    Not much can be said to help those before level 1!

World
    Northisle
    "9 foresters (of each type)"

This is WRONG! For 6 cutters you need 2, maybe 3 foresters.

If you have too many this is easy to test:

Turn off all foresters. Wait until your cutters get a red "!" over them (which means empty deposit). Then turn on 1 forester for every 3 cutters. Wait a few hours/days until it stabilises, delete the remaining sleeping foresters. You can then fine tune by turning foresters off until you get red "!" over them again, turn the last one back on and wait for it to stabilise.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Well this depends on what you want your island to look like. Personally, I don't like having no trees on my island, so I have more foresters to keep the production balanced.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    "9 foresters (of each type)"

This is WRONG! For 6 cutters you need 2, maybe 3 foresters.

If you have too many this is easy to test:

Turn off all foresters. Wait until your cutters get a red "!" over them (which means empty deposit). Then turn on 1 forester for every 3 cutters. Wait a few hours/days until it stabilises, delete the remaining sleeping foresters. You can then fine tune by turning foresters off until you get red "!" over them again, turn the last one back on and wait for it to stabilise.

it is not "WRONG" at all! what you do people is wrong, and I hope BB fix this soon, it is not really what Forster and cutters designed for.
    Hello People

Reply to Thread