Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: To be or not to be... (decision on gems spending)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you are impatient and like to play with all shiny toys right away. Even to upgrade buildings instantly to lv6. Just buy gems. Many people do so.

Me personally, I avoided to even build Trade Office for like 1 month, so I could enjoy the slow and methodical pace of this game without marble and hwp donations from guildies. So, when I got to 20k gems it was because it was piling on me, as I wasn't buying much for gems but the extra +10 licenses I needed for my island. For sure I was buying the license free deeds for coins, where I could.

So there was a time at lv50, when there was no lv75 stuff, I was doing daily logins in this game only in order to get my 10 gem pit spinning gems out. The only sense for them then I saw into buying 3 endless copper mines... nothing else really. When last gem pit went into dust, I basically bought all extra content in gem shop, that could not be bought with mere coins. These days I even buy extra jollies with gems. Still have like 70k of them left. Could buy yearly premium time... but... I am level 60 now, I have the granite masons, and I don't feel like some particular urge in leveling up. Slowly I will get there, I think... if I live long enough lol and BB won't shut the server ofc.

Like someone wrote above here... Do plan for 10+ years. Not just next 10+ months. Else you will end disappointed. This is afk game after all. It is not meant to be played like fps or rts. You log in and send gens... then you log off. Then later same day you log in, do combat for 1h, finish adventure and log off again. Unless you running it as some background task, though it is a wee heavy on my cpu tbh.
    Last edited by The_Sarmatian; 27.06.17 at 08:14.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    saving for the gem pits is a good option, once you have a few running then you can start to get the genrals, buildings that you will require to advance to the higher levels, after lv60 the xp is madness and genrals and a good islands prod is defo needed, so imo gem pits will be there 1 year on into game when there most needed, so play with the genrals you have at minit, save up 20 gems and get the pit, buying a new mma a month with the gems pits drop will get your xp and adventures faster.. the key is always investment
    ofc all play diffrent, but once youve spent your gems and no more coming in in good quantity you,ll be left with a good amount of genrals and no island to keep prod up to serve the troops needed to gain fast xp
    imp buildings defo help island go to another lv
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 30.06.17 at 08:46.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Carry on saving use all your crystals on short letters to get 50 gems a time, go through your achievements see if any give gems, you'll soon have access to the 1001 gems achievement for doing all the Ali's there might be a few more, every 5th level you get some for levelling. Once the first pit is laid you might find frustration sets in a little with the waiting so consider treating yourself with say 1 general from the merchant then save for the second pit. Make sure you can buy 100 gems every week with star coins, most likely means doing a lot of BLT to get Panda's.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Its also worth noting that there are limited things to buy with gems. Im not sure that Jrmas point that maybe some play just to save for a gem pit as they see that as the challenge is necessarily a good one, but fair play! I never thought the content was that thin on the ground lol
    As i said initially, if you want god mode go for it. If you dont want achievement of earning buildings/prem etc go for it. If you dont want to contribute to BB finances go for it. Whatever suits your play style and idea of fun.
    Just please do not be one of the people that goes in chat moaning about how they have everything and nothing to buy in merchant/events as they have everything, after you have bought and freerolled 10 gem pits lol That does always kinda make me smile
    I like earning my prems and working out best way to use them, i like earning buildings etc, and personally dont see by the time ur around lvl 60- any major differences in terms of what i have to what people with gem pits at my playtime/lvl have. This game is short on skill requirements, which is why its popular, so i just dont personally see the need to nerf the satisfaction of earning things, esp by waiting upto a year to save/use the cool things. Your get all the stuff anyway, after a year spending your gems you would have a pretty impressive island/generals thats for sure, even without gem pits. Its an economy game ultimately, but whether u have to balance and use an economy is something the developers have placed in your hands. You just need to save a year or pay for it. Good luck with what you chose
    John the Don A.K.A OHNO_IMAPENCIL

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Think you hit nail on the head Samaritan, its a long haul game.
    John the Don A.K.A OHNO_IMAPENCIL

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Been playing over 4years now and never got near to owning a gem pit. Would love to save for one but to me prem time is more important. But like people say, there are many ways to play and you have to play to your own style. I maybe able to get one when I get to 75, but wont be holding my breath.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseamick View Post
    Been playing over 4years now and never got near to owning a gem pit. Would love to save for one but to me prem time is more important. But like people say, there are many ways to play and you have to play to your own style. I maybe able to get one when I get to 75, but wont be holding my breath.
    what I your level? if you saved gems, you should be able to get one, also, you can use star coins to get 100 gems weekly!
    Hello People

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Lvl 70 at the moment, even at 200gems per week it would take 2 years. I enjoy doing addies and prem is more important with the insane lvls of xp needed. But I will get one one day....maybe.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseamick View Post
    Lvl 70 at the moment, even at 200gems per week it would take 2 years. I enjoy doing addies and prem is more important with the insane lvls of xp needed. But I will get one one day....maybe.
    I have a friend he payed any single dollar and was just saving gems, with help of Excelsior managed to get 20K now he almost lvl 60 and have 3 gem pits or 4.
    Another guild mate who used gems and destroyed some mountains got his gem pit at lvl 66.

So I'm wondering how you did not get any? leveling to lvl 70 should even be more than enough.
    Hello People

Reply to Thread