Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game freezes constant (Diagnostics)

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    It is now happening to me also - i use Chrome and win 10. No point in being here this evening it is happening so much. I also open a separate window for Settlers.

Edit
    In the last couple of weeks the game kept freezing and with a 'disconnected from server message'. It would happen after being in the game at least 2 hours and being AFK for a while, so i felt it might be a new thing to solve traffic problems on the server. I would remain however on the internet uninterrupted in other applications .

But this freezing is different. I am not now getting any message at all not the server one or flash. The game just stops But again other tabs remain working for other applications. Last night when i first posted it was occurring every few minutes. I do a lot of work for the guild in google documents and they were saving perfectly so no internet connection drop at all.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 02.07.17 at 07:34.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think is because of Chrome, it also happens to me, several times a day.
    Opera Version: 46.0.2597.32
    System: Windows 10 64-bit
    It started few days ago.

Kolobok_Zaraza
    Confirm Cheetah's, and other players' suggestion: multi-window works.
    Open TSO in 1 window, and other stuff in another window...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I appear to have the same problem as everyone else. Game is freezing and I have to continually attack. I have timed it and it appears to happen every 5 minutes or so.
    This is a nightmare, in all the time I have been playing this game, never, I repeat never have I had such an issue. Trying to do ToK for the first time and it is freezing after every attack. Think I will just give up. I have done everything I can think of to fix the issue thinking it was my internet or something, but it happens no matter where I log in or what internet I use. This did not happen until last weeks update. Whatever y'all did, please undo it.
    I am using Windows 7 home premium
    Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Have same issue, game freezes in every 5-10 min.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the reports over the weekend guys - especially those who went into great detail. I'll be forwarding these onto the devs!

World
    Sandycove
    I've noticed this more often as well - I was used to occasional 2-6 second pauses (especially when a message/notification was coming in) but now I'm seeing it more often (most often when I return from another island) and I have to refresh. I'm using Chrome 59.0.3071.115 on Windows 10 home, PC is an Acer Aspire 573G. It happens on both my mobile broadband and my home fixed line.

I have just recently changed PC's and am now on Win 10 so a lot of variables have been introduced.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I gave up using chrome browser. (Version 59.0.3071.115 (Officiel version) (64-bit)
    When on adventure window - and I left to look in another tab- the game froze.
    I am using firefox 64 bit latest version now instead - no problems.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    chrome 59.0.3071.115 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
    win 7 ultimate x64

100% chance of freezing if something with flash starts runnin in another browser + settlers using chrome in any adventure.
    10s-1min 100% chance of freezing if chrome+tab and swap those tabs a few times.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesh View Post
    chrome 59.0.3071.115 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
    win 7 ultimate x64

100% chance of freezing if something with flash starts runnin in another browser + settlers using chrome in any adventure.
    10s-1min 100% chance of freezing if chrome+tab and swap those tabs a few times.
    I've noticed it helps to open a new instance of Chrome (not just another tab, but another entirely new instance) and use that for other Flash apps. Seems to keep Flash happier.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Closed Thread